God Active or Not?

by ISP 21 Replies latest jw friends

• ISP
    ISP

I am interested in the boards view on the above. Is God actively helping any or is he dormant. Living in the time of Jesus presence/kingdom rule I have to say that I would expect a little more than I see at the moment!

Any thoughts?

ISP

• larc
    larc

ISP,

Don't look for God in the external world; look for his goodness in your heart.

• mommy
    mommy

LARC,
    You beat me to it:)
    God helps me everyday, No he doesn't start the bushes around my house on fire! But I feel his presence in my heart, I talk to him and he guides my path. Peace of mind and peace in my heart are evidence of his presence in my life.
    mommy

• ISP
    ISP

Hi Larc and Mommy,
    Would you say God is ACTIVELY working with you or would you say he is working passively through for example the Bible?

larc said 'look for his goodness in your heart.'

Is that to the extent that you follow his word, follow the example of his son or cultivate the fruitage of the spirit, any combination of these. Or is he in the heart in a metaphysical way?

Same question to Mommy.

Thanks

ISP

• RR
    RR

God is very active, remember ... before any good can come, chaos must first reign, a tearing donw of this system must first come before a building up of God's system can begin. We are in the tearing down stage.

"People in glass houses, shouldn't throw stones"

• Carmel
    Carmel

I've always thought it a tad bit egotistical to think God would bother with me as an individual. Lots more important things to deal with like keeping the planets circling around their respective suns, orchestrating the creation of galaxies and solar systems, making dna self-replicating (well with a little help from rna) and cool stuff like that. Me, heck, I though I was supposed to be on Her side rather than the other way around..

carmel

• mommy
    mommy

Isp,
    "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them" Mathew 7:20 KJV
    "Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit" Mathew 7:17 KJV
    " Even the spirit of the truth; whom the world cannot recieve, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18~I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you" John 14:17 &18 KJV
    I hope that through my works I am able to help others see the love of God. I have helped many to restore their faith, and personal relationship with god. Which I feel is the most important.

mommy

• ianao
    ianao

Hello mommy (erm...)

What Ifs...

"Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them" Mathew 7:20 KJV

What if most believe they bare the true fruit? Are there then fruits that taste better than others? Are all of these fruits from Jesus' followers, or are all from satan?

"Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit" Mathew 7:17 KJV

What if everyone else believes everyone else's fruit is evil?

" Even the spirit of the truth; whom the world cannot recieve, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him; but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you. 18~I will not leave you comfortless; I will come to you" John 14:17 &18 KJV

What if the proverbial "you" as outlined in this scriptures is the same person that another believes is NOT receiving the spirit?

I hope that through my works I am able to help others see the love of God. I have helped many to restore their faith, and personal relationship with god. Which I feel is the most important.

Wise and noble choice, but I DO think you mean God, right?

mommy

Well, not MY mommy, but a nice mommy anyway.

-ianao

Edited by - ianao on 2 January 2001 15:17:31

• waiting
    waiting

Hey,

I've always thought it a tad bit egotistical to think God would bother with me as an individual.

Throughout being a Catholic, one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and a "nadda" now, I would have to say that I agree with Carmel's quote.

waiting

• ianao
    ianao
    I've always thought it a tad bit egotistical to think God would bother with me as an individual.

Throughout being a Catholic, one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and a "nadda" now, I would have to say that I agree with Carmel's quote.

Well, what do you think Jesus is for? He delegated!

-ianao

Edited by - ianao on 2 January 2001 16:49:12

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit