"The End is Closer Than You Think" came up at a party.

by RubaDub 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

The sky is falling!!!

ESTEE

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

The one thing I have noticed that seems to be considered acceptable to say is "well I was never supposed to go to school".

I've heard many witnesses say it and I always pick up on it and take them a few steps further down that thought process.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

"So I very nicely asked, "Isn't is more correct to say "the end is farther than we think? since we keep anticipating the end to come but from our human perspective it keeps getting pushed back?"

LOL, seriously it never fails to amaze me how they're always speculating on when the end will arrive when it's supposed to come as "a thief in the night".

• seawolf
    seawolf

LOL, seriously it never fails to amaze me how they're always speculating on when the end will arrive when it's supposed to come as "a thief in the night".

Ditto. They say that crap to me and I tell them, "You know, a thief might come next week, next month, next year, the next decade...or NEVER."

I still have yet to have any of them give me a response after that.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i think these guys will depend on the goverment handouts when they're 67 and they're still living week-to-week, day-to-day.

my parents taught me in a very young age of 9, the story of the ants -vs- the grasshopper.

when winter came, who got to eat?

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime
    "The end is closer than we think."

That phrase implies that the speaker knows: A) When the listeners think the end is comming, and B) When the end will actually come.

As the speaker probably doesn't know A, and certainly can't know B from a biblical standpoint - they are clearly full of sh*t.

- Lime

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I have to ask if the end is so close, why do most witnesses seldom talk about it except among themselves? I remember talking about Armageddon a long time ago when I went from door to door, but then we were instructed to just talk about the wonderful peaceful new world. I've seen some TV shows about religions that believe Armageddon is imminent and JW's are never mentioned.

• Opus92
    Opus92

This is party chatter for JWs? Jeez, how boring. That makes me almost as sad as knowing that they still buy into everything Brooklyn tells them.

Ain't no party like a J-Dub party, 'cause the J-Dub party don't... start.

• jdhf
    jdhf

An elderly bro in my old cong said he was sick of waiting for the end..he's now nearly 90 and was baptized during his time in Burma, during the war. But he can't say that to everyone, which is sad. Even the prophets questioned why so long...I'm just glad I'm out and now SANE again. I have alot of catching up to do with life, as do my girls. Rubadub...love the post.LOL

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Jehovah's Witnesses = an expression of mental illness propped by a psychosis of fear and ignorance

Something that no one really needs in their life.

Sad

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit