Do you really want to live forever?

by exwhyzee 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I'm not sure if I do or if thinking the idea of living forever as a "good thing" was just something that was planted in my mind like a lot of the other stuff. Is the desire to live forever something that I really want or have I been taught that it is something that I should want? I know I don't want to die, especially a violent death, but I can't imagine still wanting to be here 10 million years from now just because back in 19XX my parents concieved me. The fact that I'm even here seems so random. If they had gone to bed an hour sooner my mom might have gotten pregnant with some other baby.

Wouldn't you run out of things to do or things that seemed interesting? Wouldn't you feel trapped by life after awhile? Even when I'm having a nice vacation there's a part of me that wouldn't want to be on vacation forever.

For it to work I'd have to have some other mindset than what I do now. I'd have to be more like my dog who after 16 years, when I let him out into the back yard, he is as curious and excited as if it were the first time he ever was out there.

Also: If there is no sickness or death in the New System, what would happen if you were walking along in a grove of trees and a Coconut dropped out of a tree and landed on your head. Wouldn't it still crack your skull open and possibly kill you instantly or at least cause you terrible pain ?

Since no one will be unhappy, will I miss hearing a good "Cryin' in your Beer song". It seems like some of the most amazing human feats are borne out of misery and pain. (art,music,stories etc)

Will there be sad stories or will everything have a happy ending ?

Will I be dissapointed if I were to meet King David or someone like that and find out he's kind of a Dork?

Will the Watchtower Corp. or GB be running the show in the New System ?

What do you think??

• shamus100
    shamus100

I think by your logical questions that you already see what the answer is: The bible is just B.S., or at least the way the botchtower corporation sees it.

I mean really, would you want to live forever with those brainless twits? It sounds more akin to hell than paradise on erf... endless gardening, pruning trees, cleaning up poop. It's not all just sitting around staring at endless fucking waterfalls that every house you see in those fairytale books.

Pardon the profanity, but you get the idea. It's so preposterous it's laughable.

• yknot
    yknot

Fine.....Monkey boy.

I call dibs on your pet

Personally...... I don't wanna ever grow old or die.

I spent my whole life developing the mindset that I could never run out of things to learn and do.....

I had a wonderful 'anointed' sister who filled my head with fantastic ideas of what 'could' happen after the millennial reign.

Living is a good thing.......

Not living sounds like it sucks!

• Albert Einstein
    Albert Einstein

Yknot - I also do not want to grow old and die, but i will. As well as you will. As well as billions did...

The fact that we do not want to die - makes no difference.

The only reason we should not die is that we do not want to. But again, that makes no difference.

Albert

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I don't want to die, but at the same time don't want to live in a fairytale world petting lions and tigers and bears, OH MY! (sorry could help myself)

The way the WBTS describes living forever is just a mind-f**k. You have to be on drugs to accept that. But Albert Einstein is right, we're all going to die someday. What is in store for us after (if there is anything in store for us) will have to be seen at that time. Hey, I will at least make good fertilizer for the next batch of humans.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Everything that we have in our mind was planted there.

Our minds started like a blank sheet of paper.

I like the idea of living forever.

I dont like the idea of living forever under my present conditions.

I think there are a lot of possibilities to entertain ourselves forever or at least much longer

than 75 years.

Reincarnation is one thought that comes to mind, along with living

in different bodies, forms, and on different planets.

• LostnFound
    LostnFound

Call me crazy, but I like the thought of dying. I used to be terrified of dying, but I've come to accept the fact that it'll happen. Now the thought of living forever perplexes me, I just can't fathom it. Nothing is forever. Everything eventually ends. Knowing that I am going to die makes me appreciate what I have now more. Makes me appreciate the experiences I've gone through, and the places I've traveled. If I knew that I could be doing all those things forever and ever, I wouldn't care about now- it might become boring and routine, and be taken for granted. It reminds me of a good quote from the movie Troy:

"I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again"
  • Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

not with JW's.

• snowbird
    snowbird

With God, yes.

I do.

Syl

• gutted
    gutted

Of course I would, it is a human need to survive as long as possible. That singular thought is a huge drive for all us, excluding the suicidal. No doubt that compulsion has been twisted into many cooky life-after-death beliefs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit