Do you really want to live forever?

by exwhyzee 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

If we were perfect and lived forever ...

You'd never ask anyone .... how are you doing today? How old are you?

You'd never use the experssion. "Well that was a waste of time" or "stop wasting my time"

You'd never be able to honestly say " oh I forgot to tell you..." or " I'm starving... lets hurry up and eat "

No one would say, " Doesn't it seem like today is Tuesday??"

Will be laugh about the hilarious cloths we used to wear back in the 2080's (what were we thinking??)

You might have a friend say "Oh I was just thinking about you the other decade ! "

Rather than it being a bad trait, being a procrastinator might be a good thing. ( Oh...I'll get try and get the garage cleaned out in a millenium or two )

Eventually, in a few thousand years there wouldn't be anyone with an interesting accent...we'd probably all sound pretty much alike.

Eventually, in a few thousand years everyone born after armegeddon will be a sort of mocha color rather than having seperate racial skin colors (this is already starting to happen with the availability of world travel) You would always be able to identify the B.A. (before Armegeddon) crowd because they would be distinctly of one certain race.

My son is 25 years younger than I am but when he's 1 million years old and I'm 1million and 25....what difference will it make?

In a few million years there won't be anyone having cute little babies for us to enjoy. The earth will be filled and subdued.

Maybe the big challenge or hardship that will motivate us will be coming up with new ways to keep things interesting.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Live on Earth forever? - No, thank you.

Will there be sad stories or will everything have a happy ending? - Life is 10,000 joys and 10,000 sorrows. The ending is up to you.

Will I be dissapointed if I were to meet King David or someone like that and find out he's kind of a Dork? - Yes, of course.

Will the Watchtower Corp. or GB be running the show in the New System? - With people, someone always is.

What do you think?? - I don't believe in the "living forever on a paradise Earth" thing.

When will reproduction stop, or will we get spaceships?

When will door-to-door ministry stop, or will everyone pioneer and be fed by each other?

Will the Earhtly government continue to depend on a majority vote to figure out what Jehovah wants?

Or, will we all become spiritualists: using a Ouija Board, or just "knowing" Jehovah's will?

Who will build our plowshares once all the swords are used up?

Enquiring minds want to know!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Sure, I'd like to live forever, but I reserve the right to change my mind if I ever get sick of it.

W

• PSacramento
  • yknot
    yknot

Albert Einstein

...... I can't hear you .......

________________________________________________________________________________

Seriously ........... I will be fighting it every step of the way, through medical regeneration!

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I remember telling a householder about living forever, and she lashed out "Why would I ever want to do that!?!?!" Those words stuck, and I wondered why anyone would like to live forever. If you have a great life, sure, why not. But I would be equally happy dying and never waking up.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Of course I do!

I can't for the life of me understand why someone would say they wouldn't I think they are being intellectually dishonest with themselves due to their WT experiences.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

"We shall swim out to that brooding reef in the sea and dive down through black abysses to Cyclopean and many-columned Y'ha-nthlei, and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory FOREVER. "
    -H.P. Lovecraft (The Shadow Over Innsmouth)

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

5th - Yes, I think I'm in a funk.

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Hell, no! Not with the JWs. That's exactly why I left to start with.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit