Did You Experience THIS When You Were Awakening From Mind Control?

by mentallyfree31 32 Replies latest jw friends

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Was out for 28 years

Believed it true

Believed it all a lie

Cognitive Dissonance

Read books

Researched

Was Scared

Was Angry

It all went away

I'm finally FREE

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I was fortunate or unfortunate to have been a witness in the 70's when 76 came then we got into

the 80's I had no doubt that the troof was not the truth.

I have since found that everyones mind is controlled by something.

In the US most peoples minds are controlled by the tv.

If we experience brief moments of lucidity, we can reprogram ourselves and

choose who or what we want to controll our minds.

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

Diamondiiz,

"After reading Thy Kingdom Come book,"

What book is this, and who is the author?

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I did not go through what you experienced. I don't know. I was young. I was a born-in.

But looking back as an adult, I do believe that my father was going through similar experiences to you for the last maybe 6 years of his life. He died in 1978. But he did not have any books or internet to turn to to help him escape.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Anyone experiencing this should read Ray Franz's book, Crisis of Conscience. This book completely destroys the facade that the GB has constructed and (for me) totally obliterated any thoughts that "the witnesses have the truth".

I also recommend James Penton's book, Apocalypse Delayed.

I don't know how it would be possible to believe the JWs have "the truth" after reading these books...............

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

In the first six weeks or so after discovering that it wasn't 'The Truth', I would occasionally wake up at night, asking myself: "What in the Hell are you going to DO?"

Finally, I could no longer look at myself in the mirror without DA'ing myself and being completely rid of any official affiliations the WT society. (Not an easy move to make and definitely not the best choice for many.)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The "what if it is the truth?" thought sometimes pops into my mind but it is quickly suppresed by accurate knowledge that it is NOT. Virtually nothing the Dubs believe and teach is true. And I know that. I just attribute the occasional questioning to the lingering indoctrination programming that sadly may stick with me for life. Lucky I'm so heavily left-brained that I can just shake it off.

• BoomTown
    BoomTown

No. I was completely opposite. I didn't do look at any "apostate" material when I started believing it wasn't true and relied solely on myself to form my opinions to leave. For the first year(starting in 2008) I just had to learn to trust my thoughts. I could tell something wasn't right. I studied the WT CD Roms info on blood and could see so much hypocrisy in it that it was enough for me.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

When I realized that they didn't want to allow me to have my own opinion, or express it, I became suspiscious. I was learning things from my experience that contradicted all they said. That is why I had no problem with doubts about what I'd chosen. A little education hasn't hurt either.

• flipper
    flipper

MENTALLY FREE- I never went through those emotions or thoughts because I was unjustly treated by elders right before I exited the witnesses. I had doubts for years , but those doubts were confirmed not only by the ill treatment - but by reading Ray franz's book and thinking free again. Peace out, Mr. flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit