Are You Eccentric?

by snowbird 134 Replies latest jw friends

• sd-7
    sd-7

Hmm. I like that. Not many people have ever said they might be scared of me for any reason, in fact, no one, really... Here I thought being black would actually help the fear factor...ah, well.

Maybe I should start my own cult someday...that'd be nice. I've already got the training in writing for it, so why not? That would be truly eccentric. Get it going, have like, a harem of 50 cult wives, go down for tax evasion....I mean, who DOESN'T want that life??

Okay, see, that's where the eccentric part comes in. I wouldn't do that. That would be crazy, not eccentric. Really. I wouldn't. "I WOULDN'T??!! You don't think I will? You don't think I will? You're right. I wouldn't. That's why I'm not going to leave it up to me. Heads, you get to keep your head. Tails, not so lucky." Sorry, that's just one of my favorite quotes....yes, eccentric indeed!

• snowbird
    snowbird

ROFL!!!

I'll bet you gave those elders on your JC a run for their money!

Syl

• sd-7
    sd-7

Well, they acknowledged my intelligence. They said they'd heard the 'apostate' ideas before. I was able to point out the logical fallacies and hypocrisy along the way, even throwing their own words back at them, pointing out that they were making an assumption instead of providing evidence, etc.

They knew I'd be an asset if they kept me on the inside, but figured I was too dangerous just because of what I knew. I could've cut a deal with them for the company line, and they gave me the chance to. But it was too emasculating to even consider, save for my wife, who doesn't particularly hold my manhood in high esteem anyway. So...why bother?

Thanks for the compliment, Sylvia--it's nice for intelligence to be an asset for once in life and not a liability.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    it's nice for intelligence to be an asset for once in life and not a liability.

Word.

See my bio.

Syl

• asilentone
    asilentone

my ex very wealthy boss told me how to save money on using the washer. it is only pennies more per month if I do not heed her advice. I am glad that she is not in my life anymore.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((ASO))))))).

Syl

• nelly136
    nelly136

i gotta go with snow on that, you look far too nice to be scary, and of course you got the will smith look about ya so that just blows it totally.

<<<too skint to be eccentric by outlaws definition too.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

Syl

• sd-7
    sd-7

Funny--I just found this old quote on my original thread here:

Nothing personal--it's just I don't feel comfy giving people unquestioning loyalty and obedience when they would gladly send me to my death without a second thought. Guess it's one of my eccentricities.

Not a bad eccentric habit to have, eh?

Me, resembling Will Smith? I still find that humorous. Especially after watching much of Seven Pounds somewhat recently. "Say what you want to say! Coward! COWARD!" I'm eccentric in that I found that hilarious, just because it was Will Smith saying it with such intensity.

I'm going to have to do a side-by-side comparison with that photo...where is that photo I posted here? ... Well, I feel like I'm dominating the thread if I do that....I better not.

But I admit I did get a kick out of people being even more upset at my wife for treatin' me like crap [at times] after seeing my picture. But a little WT reasoning will put me in my proper place: "Evidently, some who were once appreciative husbands have, as a direct result of losing their relationship with Jehovah and withdrawing from the truth, develop a complaining attitude against their wives. Perhaps such men should reevaluate their circumstances. Is not one's wife, who lacks an education or employment, faithfully serving Jehovah? If so, are not such men harming their families by failing to display proper headship? Wise husbands follow the counsel at 1 Timothy 5:8 and fulfill their family responsibilities."

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Well Thank You Outlaw!!!! I just went from being fancy schmancy cool and ingenious, to being plain crazy. Nothing new there though. Most of my friends do consider me very eccentric, might be just so because I am very different from most guys. So yeah, Outlaws definition probably suits me better.

sd-7 I only fear you because of your stronger connection to the force than my own. But little by little I am learning about you, your strengths and weaknesses, and your fear of emasculation. And when the time is right...your intelligence will not save you. It is, after all... they way of the Sith.

Jedi Master

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit