Name Things JWs Make Issues Over They Have No Right To Do

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The have the "right" to do whatever they want to do.

• minimus
    minimus

They frown on "large gatherings". WTF?

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Instead of saying, "Brother James", "Sister Janet", "Brother Victor" or "Sister Wendy", the mandatory use of family names when calling upon the members of the audience from the platform.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• Think About It
    Think About It

Talk to other people's children about masturbation.

Think About It

• minimus
    minimus

Masturbation

• LostnFound
    LostnFound

Who you love

Who you choose to be friends with

What kind of career is a 'good one'

• Hecklerboy
    Hecklerboy

Who you can date. (Happend to me. Elder made a sister stop seeing me)

How to dress on your own time.

What kind of car to drive.

• minimus
    minimus

You can't date UNLESS that person is a prospective marriage mate.

• TD
    TD

They have taught that a woman should scream if she is sexually assaulted. They have also condemned bystanders who stood by and did nothing when a woman was assaulted.

Concurrently they have taught that a Christian should never resort to violence of any kind. Your options in a violent situation are praying and calling the police.

--Well the value of a scream lies in the fact that it is a call for help. It's not always advisable for a someone to yell for help when assaulted, but if they choose to, it would be because there is at least one able-bodied individual within earshot who will come running to help frighten off or subdue the assailant. This could easily entail (gasp!) violence.

The JW's have no business making an issue over screaming to resist a sexual assault while at the same time condemning every viable option a Christian bystander would have to actually help the one doing the screaming.

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

Wearing colored shirts. What color should my car be. When someone inadvertedly says : Happy (insert holiday here) and you're not supposed to say: "You too!!". Saying Bless you, when someone sneezes. What movies you can and can't watch. In my area, anything "new" is right away dubbed as being "innapropriate for a Christian", from the time JEANS came out to the latest 2012 movie. But as time goes by, and more and more witnesses do it, the thinking seems to lax.

Jedi Master

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit