Growing Up With Violence

by compound complex 67 Replies latest social entertainment

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thank you, dear Syl and all other eminently worthy contributors.

Now I can sign off, go to work and feel a sad but simple satisfaction that I am not alone in my occasionally triggered grief [it's manageable and by no means depressive any longer].

Bless you all!

CoCo

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

My Mom is a JW now since 2001, they will let anyone in was the response I got from some of my JW friends.

She is able to hide within the organization, she goes to meetings and pioneers, entertains the CO at her house

when he and his wife visits. Gives them money etc etc,

but she does not have any relationship with her children or grandchildren

My poor Mom, none of her kids are in the truth, I feel like this is the sympathy she gets from her JW friends.

We, the children that grew up at the hands of her abuse know the real her.

She has never apologized for the abuse.

purps

• snowbird
    snowbird

*eminently worthy*

You remind me of a high school friend with whom I shared a friendly competition.

Man, did that girl ever have a reservoir of expressions!

Syl

• snowbird
    snowbird
    She is able to hide within the organization, she goes to meetings and pioneers, entertains the CO at her house
    when he and his wife visits. Gives them money etc etc,

Oh, but when the True Light is turned on her, and all other abusers!

Syl

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

My mother once hit me repeatedly in the head with a belt buckle, swinging the belt around and around, while I tried to duck behind furniture.

Lateer that day, we were at my grandparent's house and my grandmother usually ran her fingers through my hair. She noticed the bumps on my head and asked what happened.

I remember being embarrassed because I had to tell my grandmother that I had been bad and needed to be punished.

When my dad got home that night, my mom must have told him that I had told my grandmother about being hit with the buckle. He beat me, then made me phone my grandmother and tell her I was lying about being hit with the buckle.

Years later, I asked Grama if she remembered me making that phone call.

She started to cry and said she knew I had been beaten for telling her the truth.

((( CoCo )))

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Palm)))))))

Lord, have mercy!

Syl

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Abused children learn very well to keep secrets and tell lies to coverup.

Wives that live with violent husband do the same, I know I did it in my marriage as well.

I remembering seeing the movie Mommy Dearest and could relate all to well.

• snowbird
    snowbird

We made it, people!

Syl

• purplesofa
  • snowbird
    snowbird

Meow!

Tee hee hee.

Syl

Share this

Google+