How Many Apostates Are At Bethel?

by mentallyfree31 24 Replies latest watchtower medical

• myusername
    myusername

They must have transferrable skills. If they have answered phones, worked under pressure doing anything, etc. they could definitely use those as points on their resumes and in interviews.. They could even list Bethel under work experience. I don't think they will be discriminated against if they mention that they are no longer part of that group. Employers are only concerned that they will be preaching at work if they hire them. (Really, I've worked with extraordinarily incompetent people and they stay in their jobs forever. It seems former coworkers were incompetent by nature since they never got better. People from Bethel could quickly gain competence depending on their intellect.)

• Paulapollos
    Paulapollos

I'm not sure about some Bethels, but I think in the UK Bethel there were nowhere near as many apostates as you would think, not at all. It is a very......zealous and driven place, and difference of opinion on scriptural matters is not really something that can be tolerated, in any way. I do think that many suffer from disillusionment with the responsible ones, rather than any deep-seated doubts regarding doctrine -- I saw a lot of this, and I'm sure other ex-Bethelites here can confirm that was present at their own branches.

As for discrimination once you leave, it is not the employers that cause problems - it is the reference you recieve from Bethel that causes the issue if you have been disfellowshipped.

Regards

PP

• myusername
    myusername

Getting a reference from Bethel didn't even cross my mind. Yes, I would think once they leave-don't look back. However, Bethel is such a special circumstance I wonder if the truth of the situation wouldn't be enough of an explanation for no reference. I mentioned employers being fearful of JWs preaching because when I worked as a teen that's what my bosses warned me about before I was hired. Yes, I was naive enough to tell them. I wasn't "worldly" so I didn't know much about real world things like that.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

BETHELITES UNKNOWINGLY ARE APOSTATES ... THEY ALL BOW DOWN TO THE G.B.

I BOWED DOWN FOR OVER 10 YEARS ... ALL HEIL THE DEAD JARACZ. MAY THE DEVIL HAVE NO MERCY ON HIS SOUL.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I suppose a lot of the older ones are but just to afraid too admit it. I would think the biggest percentages of apostates at bethel are of that group. Younger ones will just up and leave as they don't have that much holding them there.

I wish them peace and I hope they are able to deal with the stress.

That whole Generation doubling explanation by the GB has caused the numbers to grow. I'm sure the numbers are growing I hope they can make contact with each other,, I think there will be lots of opportunities with this new teaching for many to say something in private to one another about it and join forces,,and surround the Governing Body with traitors no longer loyal to them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit