Verbal abuse and an apology

by Cagefighter 24 Replies latest jw friends

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I have enjoyed the battles like any gladiator but I realize that my behaviour on and off the interenet is often seen as verbally abusive. Just because someone dissappoints me is not a reason to attack them or their character. So to all those.... beks, Dinah, Sammieswife comes to mind I apologize. I notice women seem to trigger this more than men on and off line. Again, I apologize please resume normal broadcasting.

We are all family here whether we like it or not. We have all come from a very difficult place and are on a journey to recover our joy and lives.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

That's nice of you cagefighter.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    We are all family here whether we like it or not. We have all come from a very difficult place and are on a journey to recover our joy and lives.

Awfully nice of you to apologize. An example for all of us.

• dinah
    dinah

I read your post. Your gravatar looks like a dick that's about to explode if someone presses that plunger.

Just found that funny. Carry on.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Screw off Cagefighter!

5th

Just kidding, really nice post.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Typical singer ... always getting in trouble!!! LOL

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

LOL.... Yall understand better than the rest of the people in my life. A female friend who I hurt a month ago finally talked it out with me today. I said look I grew up believing everyone was evil and waiting to persecute me. She told me how she was raised and how she views people.... polar opposite. Made me think....The last 5 women that I have dated have all accused me of being "verbally abusive".

It made me think...what if I don't express my dissappoint in others especially women so colorfully. Maybe things would change and I wouldn't be so damn lonely half the time.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I'm curious as to why your verbal abuse seems particularly directed towards women? Do you have any insight on that?

• tec
    tec

Also, do you know makes you so disappointed in women?

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

As usual I get all my info from Wikipedia:

I realized this is pretty much my M.O. when I dont' get my way with the opposite sex.

Signs of verbal abuse exhibited by the abuser are:

• Actions of ignoring, ridiculing, disrespecting, and criticizing others consistently.
    • A manipulation of words.
    • Purposeful humiliation of others.
    • Accusing others falsely for the purpose of manipulating a person's decision making.
    • Manipulating people to submit to undesirable behavior.
    • Making others feel unwanted and unloved.
    • Threatening to leave the family destitute.
    • Placing the blame and cause of the abuse onto others.
    • Isolating a person from some type of support system, consisting of friends or family.
    • Harassment

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit