What Did You Do With Your WWW Money When You Left?

by mentallyfree31 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

Having looked into publishing my own (never completed) work, the WTS is probably doing very well with what they bring in. Even at a smaller scale, paperbacks can be printed a thousand at a time for about 50 cents each, the magazines for about a dime, and the 192 page books can be had for a buck maybe two. I would be surprised if the Kingdom interlinear would cost $10 to print. Keep in mind that these estimates are for: farming out the work, paying taxes, and buying only 1000 of them. A non-prophet on the scale of the WTS can do it for less than half of what my guesses are.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I often did not ask for donations from the public. When I did, I used a canned speech that told them the literature was "given freely, but donations are gladly accepted." I rarely got money from people and it was so little that I put more into the box on my own than I got in the field, so I just kept the money from the field.

"Publishers" already feel that they are giving their time to "Jehovah" so they don't sweat about giving their money to Him. They remember the WTS using the claim originally from C.T. Russell that Jehovah will finance the work as long as He wants the magazine in print.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I'll let yall in on a secret. The WTBS stopped breaking even in 1998, since 2000 they have supported the work by incrementally selling large shipments of SHASTA COLA and LEMON-LIME soda to N. Korea and Iran. Apparently they had stockpiled massive amounts in the 80's and no longer needed them once they stopped serving food at the conventions.

You find that warehouse and you can take 'em down. Apostahomies!

• Desilusionnee
    Desilusionnee

I never asked for a donation: I just gave a certain amount once a month and when people spontaneously gave something, I could decide to keep the money for me or not. That's it.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon
    I'll let yall in on a secret. The WTBS stopped breaking even in 1998, since 2000 they have supported the work by incrementally selling large shipments of SHASTA COLA and LEMON-LIME soda to N. Korea and Iran. Apparently they had stockpiled massive amounts in the 80's and no longer needed them once they stopped serving food at the conventions.
    You find that warehouse and you can take 'em down. Apostahomies!

So they haven't tapped their cheese danish reserves yet?

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

cagefighter - hilarious! What about the hoagies...have they gone bad yet or did they freeze them?

Blondie - i rarely asked for donations either. One time a man agreed to read the magazines and said he would read them. i mentioned the donation arrangement and he threw it back at me and said "please leave". I told him he could have the magazines even with no donation, and he said "remember whose property you are on". So i left. That was a strange reaction I thought. Not sure why it triggered that response.

-mentallyfree31-

• sherah
    sherah

I never asked for donations, felt too like pimping the word of God. If i received a donation, i kept it since i fronted the money when i picked up the lit. The GB HATES publishers like myself, LOL.

• Scarred for life
  • WTWizard
    WTWizard

Toward the end, I refused to donate anything for the littera-trash. And I dogged asking the householders for donations, so I almost never got any from that source, either. Result: Everything I took from the littera-trash or rag counters was not paid for. And I never donated any of my own money--and I rarely placed much, either.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

When I hear these stories of people just puting the WWW money in their pockets, it makes me smile really big.

-mentallyfree31-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit