What Did You Do With Your WWW Money When You Left?

by mentallyfree31 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Question: When YOU awakened and discovered the truth about "da troof", what did you do with the WWW money in your service bag?

I must confess: I took my apostate brother out to lunch and paid for it with my WWW stash. I hadn't deposited my money in a long time, so there was about $30 in there.

-mentallyfree31-

• asilentone
    asilentone

I keep it.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I rarely donate my money to the WTS.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Are you saying that you never deposited the money into the WWW box? I assumed everybody always turned the money in.

I'm really curious now. What did everybody else do?

-mentallyfree31-

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

it is why the society is selling off properties... their scam of the dubs paying for their literature at the counter on a "voluntary basis" and then offering it to the public the same way and donating that money to the WWW (world wide work) didnt work out so well for them... the society is lucky if the dubs cover the cost of printing, let alone shipping or associated costs of running the "Worldwide" but shrinking organization.

goodie...

Snakes (Rich )

ps... I quit donating for lit as I was awakening and figured they should pay me to take that crap let alone read it... and I never made the donation spiel at the door...the presentations were awkward enough without that pause met by silence when offering the "opportunity" to donate to the worldwide bible education work of jehoovers witlesses. gag...

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Funny stuff. I quit donating money several years ago. I did the accounts and we always took in more than we needed, so I just quit. But I did always turn in donation money from the field.

-MF31-

• ssn587
    ssn587

Paying for literature at the counter, wasn't a wise move by the society, they should have stayed with the paymenty for literature and payed their fair share of taxes and they would have been further ahead. As far as donating, there were several parts covering the fact that the congregation wasn't "donating" enough for the literature that was free. Makes one wonder what they are going to do now that all one has to do is pick up literature at the counter if they need x amount. I'm sure once the $$$ comes up short again, that there will be more parts of donating for the "free" literature.

It's all a $$$ scam and thats all it ever has been since Rutherford's day.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Actually, I know a guy that was doing the accounts, he was caught stealing money from the contribution box and he kept it to himself, the elders found about it and he got df'd for that. He moved to France and his family told my family that he went to Prison for theft in France. I think he is out of prison now. He was in Jail for years.

• blondie
    blondie

I never asked for it...I preferred the day when we said "contribution" and named a price. I remember a brother asking if you should ask for a donation to the worldwide work from everyone even when they did not take a publication, after all the donation was not supposed to be connected to the literature....

He had placed a brochure with a man he assured that the publications were without cost but then asked for a donation to the WWW. The man gave the brochure back telling him that he had lied about the literature costing money.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I never asked for a donation and I never donated for any literature I picked up. I don't donate anything. I think the most the WBTS has got from me in my whole life (being a born-in) is $30. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit