No typos or grammatical errors ever????

by StAnn 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

The only misspelling/typo I recall was from the first printing of the Greatest Man book. The ones they released at the convention misspelled "anointed" as "anoined."

• cult classic
    cult classic

I have actually seen typos in the literature. Not many. But I love looking for typos when I read and found a couple that I pointed out to my car group while in service.

Cult Classic

• TD
    TD

The original 1969 Interlinear spelled the Greek letter Rho as Hro.

You're right though. Proofreading is very good.

• StAnn
    StAnn

Then here is my next question: who came up with the writing style? Terrible, terrible, terrible. All of the articles and books appear to be written by the same person who is very noncommittal yet forceful about it.

StAnn

• compound complex
    compound complex

Since doctrine has been mentioned, I'll put in my 2 cents:

It might have the updated version of Life Everlasting in Freedom of the Sons of God [circa 1970] that Paul had been deleted as one of the 12, to be replaced by the lesser-known but eminently worthy Matthias. This new light, of course, was not revealed in foreign language additions till much later.

Conducting a foreign-language BS, I revealed to the bewildered group of immigrant JWs that Matthias, not Paul, was the replacement for Judas. Big mistake. Since present truth no longer has a requisite six-month waiting period as it did back then vis-a-vis the translating process from English into a foreign tongue, there is no longer the danger of a well-intentioned zealot [that would be me] being mistaken for an apostate and summarily stoned.

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

"ruffled grouse."

Surely a grumpy character?

• compound complex
    compound complex

Beks:

Are you ruffling his feathers?

CC

• beksbks
    beksbks

No just grousing :-)

• compound complex
    compound complex

OK, Beks!

See the photo I just now edited into the previous post!

CoCo

• beksbks
    beksbks

((((((CoCo))))))))

You make me happy man!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit