No typos or grammatical errors ever????

by StAnn 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• teel
    teel

In my language an older version of the songbook had a major funny error - it was never recalled, for 10 years that faulty version was used by everyone, only lately (after about 2005) came some soft-cover songbooks that had it fixed.

Song 181 (in the old book) verse 2 is something like (my translation, the english version is probably different, but I don't have it):

"This new song soars and proclaims Christ / His lordship is growing, peace is coming to Earth".

The word "lordship" in hungarian in those books was written as "boredom" - they're just one letter difference - "His boredom is growing". It always cracked me up when we sung that song, even Jesus is getting bored by this bunch.

• Black Sheep
  • St George of England
    St George of England
    "Righteous Requirements" from the 1943 July 1st Watchtower,

Not sure which part of that article you meant but 60 hours per month plus 12 Backcalls puts me well out of the frame. In fact I doubt anyone in my congregation other than pioneers come anywhere near close to that.

George

• blondie
    blondie

I have seen some mostly within the last 10 to 12 years. I never marked them down. I can remember we discovered a couple during the study of the Daniel and Isaiah books during the book study. Too much dependence on spell check? their or there?

• snowbird
    snowbird

In the NWT, a certain tree is spelled almug in some places and algum in others.

I pointed this out to an elder's wife; she looked at me like I was loony.

Syl

• StAnn
    StAnn

According to the "Righteous Requirements," the Lord Himself set out the number of hours and "back-calls" to be made by pioneers, etc. Since the requirements were set by God Himself, how could the GB later reduce the number of hours required? Did God tell them to reduce the hours and, if so, why didn't they say that "He says, the requirements for special pioneers...."

Amazing. People actually thought God was this involved with Russell?

StAnn

• fokyc
    fokyc
    Leolaia quoted: *** w76 6/1 Look Forward with Confidence in God’s Righteousness and Justice ***

Why can we conclude that this is a time of judgement?

In UK English, either is a correct variant, with judgement slightly more standard.

In US English only judgment is correct.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Another UK vs. US English spelling variant that occurred interchangeably in the WT in the 1970s and early 1980s is disfellowshipping vs. disfellowshiping. The latter spelling hasn't appeared in WT publications since 1981.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They pay more attention to spelling and grammar errors than they do about doctrinal errors. For instance, you will never see "lose" spelled "loose" in any of the littera-trash. You only see "a generation" redefined numerous times.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Crap, what is wrong with the first page of this thread!!!?? I can't get into it!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit