What I don't get is how JWs can't see how their ideas paint God to be a terrorist

by gubberningbody 33 Replies latest jw friends

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    As opposed to the peaceful god of the Old Testament that other Christians serve?

I don't understand your question.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    I don't understand your question.

It's very simple. They paint him as a terrorist because the Old Testament writers painted him as such. What is so hard to understand?

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

keyser soze

Thank you. That is the simple point I have been making in answer to the topic question.

You either base your faith on the bible or you don't. The JWs are in such a mess because they do.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    It's very simple. They paint him as a terrorist because the Old Testament writers painted him as such. What is so hard to understand?

Oh, sorry, I though the question was directed at me or a post of mine, my bad.

And yes, I agree, the OT doesn't paint God in a very nice light, but it does pain God in a very typical light for the "god's of the time".

In the end, understanding how ancient man felt and wrote about God makes it clear how that image, no matter how incorrect, came to be and makes it more clear why the coming of Jesus was so needed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit