What I don't get is how JWs can't see how their ideas paint God to be a terrorist

by gubberningbody 33 Replies latest jw friends

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

This person made a similar analogy. Not that JWs can't see how their ideas paint God to be a terrorist, but how the god of the bible must be satan!

The god of the bible must be satan!

Hello,

After reading the bible, I concluded that the god of the bible has to be satan (if you believe in that kind of nonsense). A loving, caring, all-knowing god would not have set up this type of nutty, wasteful, hurtful, and silly type of belief system for his "children".

- What kind of god creates the devil?

- What kind of god creates a place called hell, and threatens to send you to it?

- What kind of god creates us broken, and then commands us to fix ourselves?

- What kind of god drowns 99.9% of life on earth in a flood, just to start over?

- What kind of god kills the first born of the Egyptians (re: story of moses)?

- What kind of god makes horrible wagers on you and your loved ones (re: story of job)?

- What kind of god hides himself from his "children" (that is an example of a bad father)?

- What kind of god makes a path for his "children", that is narrow, thus ensuring many will stray and go to hell?

- What kind of god sets up a belief system that intelligent people can not usually believe?

- What kind of god would value child-like faith, and not reason or logic - like adults think?

There are so many more examples, but that is enough to prove my point (even if there was a god, as written in the bible, why would you want to worship and follow some kind of crazy, mixed-up, evil monster?).

There is only one being in the bible that would set up this type of crazy, terrible world, and that is the devil. If you have come to another conclusion, then I submit that you have either not read the bible, cannot understand what you read, or you have had your critical thinking skills compromised too long by an iron age belief system. The time to stop worshiping the devil/satan/god/jesus/holy ghost is now. Do not let this imaginary being rule and govern your life any longer. Once you learn to give up faith, you will understand how the world works, and you will not have to make any more excuses for god and your beliefs, and you will have the opportunity to lead a normal, productive, and free life.

• nextdoorgirl
    nextdoorgirl

AMEN!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    Once you learn to give up faith, you will understand how the world works, and you will not have to make any more excuses for god and your beliefs, and you will have the opportunity to lead a normal, productive, and free life.

That has to be the most intelligent post paste you have made yet.

Cheers

Chris

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

JWs base there belief on the Bible. To them it is the inspired word of God - all of it. If it says that God is vengeful, jealous and wants to pour out plagues on the earth before Armageddon, then they believe it. They interpret it as accurately as they can and adjust their views as new light come flooding through Bethel windows.

All religions make changes as required. In a way I admire JWs non compromising stand for what they believe in. The problem is that the Bible is, not quiet the 22 carat gold book they think it is.

Modern Christians have come clean and declared that the Bible is an unreliable history book which should be taken with a pinch of opium if it is to make sense. They have a living faith that is no longer bound to any book. Flexible, comforting and tailor made. Sounds great to me. I may sign up myself, one sunny day.

The JWs have to decide. Do they believe that the entire Bible is God's word, produce by men speaking from God as they were borne along by Holy Spirit? The book from which nothing can be taken away or added?

OR

Should they put it to one side and base their religion on Spirit guided truth flowing forth from - Jehovah or even, God forbid, Jesus - through the Living Watchtower.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Here is an example of the actions of the God of the Bible, which were carried out against Babylon.(Now Iran - someone must have it in for them)

Jeremiah 51:

20 Thou dashest together for me the weapons of war, and with thee I will dash nations together, and with thee I will destroy kingdoms:

21 And with thee I will break in pieces the horse, and his rider, and with thee I will break in pieces the chariot, and him that getteth up into it:

22 And with thee I will break in pieces man and woman, and with thee I will break in pieces the old man and the child, and with thee I will break in pieces the young man and the virgin.

The reader has to either except the Bible's idea, that God was behind this slaughter, or reject the Bible as the mischievous work of man. Once this is done it becomes necessary to base ones faith on something else. The JWs have chosen to accept the Bible.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

It's a deeply seated confusion between love and pain.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There is only one being in the bible that would set up this type of crazy, terrible world, and that is the devil. If you have come to another conclusion, then I submit that you have either not read the bible, cannot understand what you read, or you have had your critical thinking skills compromised too long by an iron age belief system.

Wow, God is one weak entitiy, to allow the devil so much power !!

Oh, but wait, what power DOES Satan posess ?

James:

7 Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you

Yep, sounds very powerful to me !

John 12:31

31 Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out. 32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself.”

Notice the use of the word "now", greek word "nyn" which means:

1) at this time, the present, now

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    Modern Christians have come clean and declared that the Bible is an unreliable history book which should be taken with a pinch of opium if it is to make sense. They have a living faith that is no longer bound to any book. Flexible, comforting and tailor made. Sounds great to me. I may sign up myself, one sunny day.

Which modern christians view the bible as "unreliable history book"?

Yes, Christian faith i s NOT bound by any book or collection of books, it is alive in our Lord Jesus, but the Bible still holds a special palce for every christian.

No, most do NOT take it ALL to be literal and understand it to be many things and not just ONE thing.

But unreliable in terms of history?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    The reader has to either except the Bible's idea, that God was behind this slaughter, or reject the Bible as the mischievous work of man. Once this is done it becomes necessary to base ones faith on something else. The JWs have chosen to accept the Bible.

And WHY must the reader accept ONLY these TWO options of yours?

Gladiator, A Caesar thou are not !!

;)

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

PSacramento

Is there a third or fourth option that is yet to be dreamed up?

Every time you try to explain what you base your faith on, the trail grows fainter.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit