This person made a similar analogy. Not that JWs can't see how their ideas paint God to be a terrorist, but how the god of the bible must be satan!
After reading the bible, I concluded that the god of the bible has to be satan (if you believe in that kind of nonsense). A loving, caring, all-knowing god would not have set up this type of nutty, wasteful, hurtful, and silly type of belief system for his "children".
- What kind of god creates the devil?
- What kind of god creates a place called hell, and threatens to send you to it?
- What kind of god creates us broken, and then commands us to fix ourselves?
- What kind of god drowns 99.9% of life on earth in a flood, just to start over?
- What kind of god kills the first born of the Egyptians (re: story of moses)?
- What kind of god makes horrible wagers on you and your loved ones (re: story of job)?
- What kind of god hides himself from his "children" (that is an example of a bad father)?
- What kind of god makes a path for his "children", that is narrow, thus ensuring many will stray and go to hell?
- What kind of god sets up a belief system that intelligent people can not usually believe?
- What kind of god would value child-like faith, and not reason or logic - like adults think?
There are so many more examples, but that is enough to prove my point (even if there was a god, as written in the bible, why would you want to worship and follow some kind of crazy, mixed-up, evil monster?).
There is only one being in the bible that would set up this type of crazy, terrible world, and that is the devil. If you have come to another conclusion, then I submit that you have either not read the bible, cannot understand what you read, or you have had your critical thinking skills compromised too long by an iron age belief system. The time to stop worshiping the devil/satan/god/jesus/holy ghost is now. Do not let this imaginary being rule and govern your life any longer. Once you learn to give up faith, you will understand how the world works, and you will not have to make any more excuses for god and your beliefs, and you will have the opportunity to lead a normal, productive, and free life.