Donating to the WTS agian!!

by DoubleVision 21 Replies latest jw friends

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

So my lovely wife still determined to give to the WTS when she goes to the convention is pissing me off. I looked in the

check book and a checks missing. So I ask " um where is this check # soso" she says " oh it was a donation for the WTS ".

I can't stop her from giving to this mind controlling cult, but I thought what if I make a check out to let's say Ministry Outreach Church of God or something like that.

I wonder what she would do?

Maybe go to the elders or something.

Has anyone dealt with this before?

DV

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Do you both earn the money? Or just you?

If just you, she should pay you back for it. If you both work, she should give you half of it back. Either way, you don't have any obligation to participate in supporting the Borg cult.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

You could make a matching donation to cynthia franz, or silent lambs. Do that everytime she makes a donation!!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Tell her that if she donates to wts you'll donate to church of satan :)

Kidding aside, I'm in the same boat as you and it SUCKS! My wife usually gives cash so I don't really know how much goes to those bastards - but it can't be too much maybe $50 at the convention :(

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    You could make a matching donation to cynthia franz, or silent lambs. Do that everytime she makes a donation!!

That's exactly what I was thinking...or donate to freeminds or to one of the documentaries being made.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Tell her that for every dollar she contributes, I will take two more magazines and a Bible Teach book from the literature counter at my local Kingdom Hall.

(Insert OUTLAW's snickering dog here)

om

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I agree with the idea of wasting $2 for every $1 she puts into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund without your permission. She puts in $1, you waste $2 worth of littera-trash. She puts in $10, you waste $20 worth. And so on. It doesn't have to be littera-trash: If you can waste their money by running up their bills, that counts. And, leaving the lights on in the Kingdumb Hell all night ought to run up a pretty big light bill; so will setting the air conditioner at 55 F and leaving it there all night (with a window open, to waste even more of their money). A note that this happens to waste double the amount she puts in the box ought to put a stop to it.

Another suggestion is to donate equally to an apostate cause per dollar that gets put into that box. You could donate to one of these forums, to Freeminds, Silentlambs, or to help Cynthia Franz go through this hardship. Every dollar she puts into the box is matched with one put into an apostate site.

Yet another, and one that would waste even more of their money, would be to stop payment on the check. This works best if the check is around $35 or bigger--it will probably end up costing you something in the order of $20 or more per check you do this with, but it will cost them money at the other end. I think these "without your permission" donations will stop if each one results in, not a $35 gain but a $30 loss to the congregation. I assume you are the boss, since they even claim from their own doctrine that the husband is the head of the household.

Either way, this is a complete waste of your resources. Every penny that ends up in one of those boxes is money that is being thrown away. She is probably brainwashed enough that the promise of a new material treat with the money saved from not donating to the Kingdumb Hell will not work. If you control the account, I strongly suggest that you lay down the law that no more of your money be diverted into this complete waste, since you did not agree to portions of it being thrown away. If she is earning the money separately, unfortunately it would be hers to throw away; still, a matching donation to an apostate cause or a matching waste of congregation funds would deter continuation of this waste.

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

All of you have great idea's but our marriage is going pretty good right now and I know if I do something like make a donation to the church of Satan ( LOL @diamondiiz) that would just be pocking the hornet's nest. You know how JW's like to play the victim card. @MadSweeney we both work and if I was the bread winner believe me I would cut her off. @crazyB that's not a bad idea I just might do that. I'm just not sure what her response would be but I want so bad to do that. If I do I'll let you know what happen.

@WTW and Openmind I haven't been to a kingdom hall for a meeting in years, but I think it would be cool to go to the library room and take a arm full of mags and book walk outside and throw them in a pile and burn them.

"She is probably brainwashed enough that the promise of a new material treat with the money saved from not donating to the Kingdumb Hell will not work." Agreed, couldn't have said it better WTW.

DV

• BoomTown
    BoomTown

Why not go to the bank and put a stop order in on that check number? I doubt she would know and I doubt the WTS would ever follow up on it. Its probably a 25 fee.

• Scott77
    Scott77

sigh

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit