Donating to the WTS agian!!

by DoubleVision 21 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

Does this mean your wife then can determine how and what you spend money on? Probably not. Since I would gather that your funds are jointingly acquired, I would think that as adults you both can make personal choices within the boundaries of what you can afford.

• Mary
    Mary

I know it's got to be irritating at hell, but there's not a lot you can do about it without it causing a huge scene. After all, she still thinks its "the Truth" and I can guarantee if you try to stop her from giving to the bastards, or to put a 'stop payment 'on it (although that was a wonderful idea!), your marriage would most definitely show the strains.

Since it's a psychological issue (one I completely understand), try doing this: for every dollar she gives to the Borg, go and spend the same amount on lottery tickets. Then, when you win, you can keep it all since neither your wife nor the Borg will be allowed to accept any part of it!

Am I clever or what??!!

• Mary
    Mary

I forgot to add: I, on the other hand, have no problem whatsoever in accepting lottery winning donations.

• blondie
    blondie

I would rather you see you donate the money to some religious charity you agree with rather than waste your money on the lottery. You know that your money will be helping people rather than the government (people indirectly maybe). BTW how much money did she give $100, $1000, ????

She has just as much right to spend some money as she sees fit as long as it is within the budget.

If you become a controlling husband determining how she spends the money, are you any different than the controlling husbands in the WTS?

• rnicole76
    rnicole76

The only time I actually donated money to the WTBS when i was little and i had some change in my purse that i wanna get rid of. It was a few pennies and dimes. I should of saved that...

• DoubleVision
    DoubleVision

LOL @MARY I have often thought of that. Win some money and say I would love to share this with you my little pumpkin, but being's that you don't gamble I'll just have to enjoy spending it with my friend's on JWN. Sorry

@Blondie I can't tell you how much because of Tax reason's . She is good with money. It's just what this is going to that bothers me.

DV

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Rip out a check before she does and when she ask you were check so and so is tell her you ripped it out to make the donation. Cash it at the grocery store or bank for cash just in case she follows up and say you were by the bank and just wanted to give cash. Lie Lie Lie the foundation of every long lasting marriage I know of.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your wife donated money to a multi-billion dollar organization the WBT$?..

That would Piss me off too..

Thank God its you and I can laugh about it..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

I think you should keep the peace. Get on a budget and the amount she donates comes out of HER spending money. At least she will not be willing to give as much if she knows it's coming directly out of her fun money.

My husband and I have a budget. We each get $400 per month for ourselves after we pay bills and mortgage. I don't ask him where he spends his. He doesn't ask me where I spend mine. We have to buy our lunches for work out of this too and Starbucks. Believe me. At the end of the month when I've packed my lunch every day and he has spent his at Jack in the Crack, Del Caca and McDungolds ..... well, you get the picture.

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Just a thought - why not ask her if she's sure she's making it out to the right payee? (with an all concerned-like mien!) Did she make it out to Watch Tower or Watchtower? (Tongue in cheek) Hopefully, they spelled that out exactly at the convention, when they made the announcement about donations? Of course, if the cheque isn't made out properly, it might not be cashable, etc. or may not be credited to exactly where it should be! Then you could politely wonder out loud whether there were even enough donations to cover the expenses, or were they running the usual deficit again? etc. etc. I think there are already threads about the 'proverbial convention deficit'.

I wish I'd been enlightened years ago about just how many WT corporations there are!

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/8374/1/WTS-CORP-LIST-BIG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit