Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 06-06-10 WT Study (YOUNG PEOPLE) TEST PLEASE FORGIVE ME

by blondie 39 Replies latest jw friends

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

"practice things that God’s Word shows to be wicked. [If they persist in this course]"

Persistence indicates deliberateness. If there's a potencial for repentance why would they be destroyed? Though the faithful and discreet slave makes references and warnings about the reality of Armageddon (all religions have apocalyptic teachings of one kind or another), that's not why people pursue the truth about Jehovah. It's actually other religions that use manipulation about a punishment phase from God.

Re: Yes, praying may be comforting, but...:

There is also CERTAINLY the potential that you are correct and there is no god. If not, then NEITHER OF US CAN BE HELD TO BE AT FAULT. You see, if I am wrong, I am wrong, and nothing we do or have done on a 'spiritual level' has been purposeful except for our own minds. If you are wrong, you are in for a nightmare after your death, and you have only fostered the only delusion that puts anyone at risk. Yours is the most shaky position, mine is the only stable one, regardless of the outcome!
    Posted by ConcernedPerson

Your self-delusion is phenomenal. In fact, it's so blinding that you cannot even grasp the incredibly vicious threat that you just made with your pathetic but predictable reprisal of Pascal's Wager.

If you are wrong, YOU ARE AT FAULT for threatening perfectly innocent people (in this very message!) that they are "in for a nightmare after their death," which is, far from being a "fault free" position, VERBAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ABUSE AT ITS MOST SEVERE. And being a "true believer," you have undoubtedly been promoting such psychological abuse to others your entire life. If you are wrong (which I think you are), you have committed poisonous mental abuse against other people, mister. Why don't you consider THAT for a moment?
    Posted by Snake_Munro

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascals_Wager Pascal's Wager (or Pascal's Gambit) is a suggestion posed by the French philosopher Blaise Pascal that even though the existence of God cannot be determined through reason, a person should wager as though God exists, because living life accordingly has everything to gain, and nothing to lose. It was set out in note 233 of his Pensées, a posthumously published collection of notes made by Pascal in his last years as he worked on a treatise on Christian apologetics.

Jehovah's Witnesses don't speak with such uncertainty or with blind manipulation:

http://www.apuritansmind.com/ChristianWalk/TheGospelOfJesusChrist.htm

The Gospel of Jesus Christ

A brief tract on what the Gospel is about in the form of an analogy called "The Treasure Map." This is great and wonderful grace of Christ who came to save his people.

Click here if you hate Jesus Christ...

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

I never said humans can designate specific individuals that have sinned against the holy spirit. I will say reading the things you say (poison) is telling me you have something deeply wrong with you (the fact you understand in depth the Unforgivable Sin and at the same time twist up Bible teachings). Doesn't bother me, because it's not me doing it. Very few people pursue this course. It is safe for me to say that your are an apostate. What you are doing is rotten to the core. Even my disfellowshipped mother would say so if she read this stuff. I will not be speaking with you again.

• blondie
    blondie

I'm willing to say that you cannot be a jw in good standing by disobeying the slave and posting here. In their eyes you are disobedient to God's representative.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Blondie:Your comments make sense but I need them before the actual WT study because I want to tell other JWs about what I read (here) and see how they react/respond.

• blondie
    blondie

Well, Peter, I do have a life just like you and responsibilities to my family. My computer has been having some problems. I try to stay on schedule. Remember I work a 40 plus work week. But I'll try. So once the WT study goes past, jws are no longer interested in it? Pretty shallow.

• sir82
    sir82

I've posted this before on other threads, but it seems apt here as well.

I can't for the life of me figure out how people buy stuff like the "Cherie" experience.

These experiences are always told in such a way that it seems like the fine young JW is just innocently ambling along, and leering evil university representatives lurk in the bushes waiting to ambush these young innocents by throwing scholarships at them.

For those of who don't live in la-la land, we know that universities don't sit around with wheelbarrows full of cash looking for people to give it to.

In order for "Cherie" to get a scholarship that she could so nobly turn down, assuming she was American, she would have had to:

-- Take college prep courses beginning at age 14 or earlier, and do well in them

-- Devote long long hours to studying for and then taking the PSAT, SAT, and/or ACT;

-- Take the time to research available scholarship(s) to see which ones she might be eligible for

-- apply for said scholarship(s)

All told that's hundreds or maybe even thousands of hours of extra effort spread over 3 or 4 years.

Who in their right mind starts down that path, and continues on it for years, if they have it clearly in mind that they're simply going to pioneer beginning day 1 after their high school graduation?

I've never heard even an attempt to explain this.

• blondie
    blondie

Exactly what I thought, sir82, something doesn't smell right.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

She may have been new to the truth and became a zealous pioneer. I had scholarships and quit college after I got baptized and then started into pioneering. At the time I thought that is what God wanted all faithful servants to do. Back then I would have done anything for the WTS. If they said jump, I would say how high.

I thought I knew everything in my teens, now I look back and see how foolish I was.

• sir82
    sir82
    She may have been new to the truth and became a zealous pioneer.

In high school?

Yeah, I guess it happens, about as often as someone wins the megamillions powerball lotto.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

"In keeping with God’s law for the Levitical temple service, Jesus, at the age of thirty, shortly after he had been baptized, commenced to preach."

??

Did the WT teach that Jesus was a priest in training in the 50's? I never heard of that before.

"The first way in which you demonstrate that you want to deepen your desire to serve Jehovah is by daily Bible reading. You can satisfy your spiritual need and acquire precious Bible knowledge by regularly reading God’s Word."

More tortured syntax; rather than saying we get closer to god by study, they say, demonstrate your desire to serve Jehovah.

Why is demonstrating it the critical issue? Did the writer think about how elders might judge that someone is progressing by their "demonstrating their desire to serve Jehovah" by their reading schedule?? I guess it is easier to do that; no one is going to become more visibly spiritual by reading their drivel, or their bland, flavorless version of the bible; only way to tell they are trying is their going through motions.

Their writers are hacks, toadies, toilers; they have no one NO ONE who can turn a phrase, or deliver a meaningful slogan.

Ugh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit