The Evolution of God

by alice.in.wonderland 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Haven't you ever stepped into the shoes of an atheist to understand their thinking or are you that unstable?

I'm pretty sure Ynot is steadier on her feet than many.

• tec
    tec

Since you asked the question:

I believe God created man. However, I think man has sometimes invented the nature of God, into man's own likeness.

Tammy

• alice.in.wonderland
    alice.in.wonderland

Yknot, this is the first time I've visited a belief website specific to Jehovah's Witnesses. It didn't say ex-Jehovah's Witnesses.net so I assumed this website may collect users from backgrounds with some diversity. It's not that at all:

(Jude 17-19) . . .As for you, beloved ones, call to mind the sayings that have been previously spoken by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ, how they used to say to you: “In the last time there will be ridiculers, proceeding according to their own desires for ungodly things.” These are the ones that make separations, animalistic [men], not having spirituality.

This website is terrible. I can't understand how you're a witness being here for two or three years. These [men], not having spirituality manipulate public opinion and me being here is like trying to mix oil with water so I'll no longer be participating.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

B'bye! *waves*

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

I think God created a man in his image, so that a man would be like God, so logically God equals man and by the same token man equals God, so God and man are the same.

And if God created a man, then we could also say man created God.

I hope my explanation makes sense

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

We enjoyed your company. Pop back in sometime and let us know how you are getting on.

Cheers

Chris

• yknot
    yknot

Alice...

You are in Houston...

You know there are congregations that are more connected than others..........................and I am originally from one of these.

I don't live in Houston anymore, haven't for decades but yes I am sure if we did a 'six-degrees of seperation' we would find many older JWs or their families that both of us know.

I am sorry that you weren't taught the WTS ladder, the 'ins' and 'outs'.........

I can roll with the punches, I can accept our past history for what it is without being devasted or caught off guard

I was taught to seperate myself spiritually and organizationally when needed.

I discern how 'light' works.

I doubt very much you discen many of these things without getting emotional.

I assume you and I are from different generations........

I assert that you are not the type of person who can handle 'the truth about the 'troof' as the apostate say......

You will be like them, shocked and stumbled by our history and development........don't feel bad, directions shifted in the WTS several decades ago to the blindfaith following that is now practiced.

Don't cast stones at me......

Imagine if I wasn't here to discourage you from associating with this forum...

You might get stumbled with questions asking how the appointment was reveal to Rutherford in comparison to Gal 1:5

How many years from 1914 before Rutherford moved the resurrection to 1918.....how many years until the paraousia became 1914, how many years after 1914 before the WTS started claiming enthronement.

What if they showed you that we did indeed promote the 'Curse of Ham' in regards to our Black brothers and sisters......that the 1950's comments always trodded out when we read throught that part of Genesis was a reversal and not proof of our unity!

What if somebody brought up the Electronic Radio Biola , ERA or RDK!!!..... do you know what those are or how many decades after Rutherford professed the 'refining'!

What if they asked you when we stop celebrating Birthdays!

And tons of other stuff you simply have not been taught.....

We are revisionist.....always have been, always will be.... and it doesn't cause me to lose sleep at night......but it would you

The only thing you are suppose to know is to follow the slave even when it doesn't make sense, your are not equiped to discuss WT politics or the legal and taxation motives for certain changes.......

You were meant for a different class of JW than me, embrace your position in the Org......pioneer!

If you want to do more........seek Gilead!

Use your CD and read WTs/Books from Knorr 1943-1965 as they will give you firm foundation of what to expect upon your acceptance into Gilead!

• african GB Member
    african GB Member

yknot: thanks for info on Gilead acceptance.

• yknot
    yknot

LOL AGBM!

That doesn't get you accepted.....

But it does give you a glimpse at what is taught......

(I was always told I wouldn't tolerate Gilead........to much nonsense for my personality)

Types and antitypes.......'

Knorr using Rutherford's Elijah/Elisha assertion and placing them on his administration.....

• african GB Member

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit