The Evolution of God

by alice.in.wonderland 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ziddina
    ziddina

I haven't read "Evolution of God" yet - may check that out from the local library and take it along on "vacation" next week...

From the synopsis that Alice posted, it sounds as if the author doesn't start out at the actual BEGINNING of religion, but takes a "humanist" approach [if I understand that term correctly] which only takes into consideration the last 3,000 to 4,000 years of religious history...

Which is why I made the comment to Alice regarding the "Acheulean Goddess"... Which indicates, based on the artifact discovered, that certain forms of religion are very ancient, dating back at least 232,000 years old and may go as far back as 800,000 years...

If the author only focuses on the last 4,000 years of a 232,000-year time period, and takes more of a philosophical approach than an historical one, I suspect I might be disappointed in the book...

Zid

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

I am just now reading this book and wondered if anyone else on here had read it, hence landing on this highly volatile(!) thread - I am finding it HUGELY informative...can't believe I hadn't stumbled upon the book until now - 2 years after publication! Anyhow, currently on page 75 but would highly recommend to anyone remotely interested in the subject. Ziddina, did you ever read it? Would be interested in your comments...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit