Why are they so anal about assembly badges?

by highdose 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• mann377
    mann377

The last time I wore a badge I had some fun with it. It said: Ricky Righteous New Light Cong. Paradise Ky.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think one reason they are so anal about it is that they want to spot any one who is not a JW especially one who was once one but is no longer. If they are going around making it an issue they are worried about possible infiltration and want to quarentine possible containation quickly.

No doubt the organization knows that they have pissed off a lot of people and so the increase in security.

• BU2B
    BU2B

One of the elders puts the badge on his beach bag or swim trunks when on a cruise, or leave a tract in his pocket so he can meet other JWs. Even when I was mentally in, if I saw someone do that, I KNOW they would be a drag on my fun and avoid them like norovirus.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Notification of identity to discern who might be trouble makers. (non- JWS)

Back in the days of Rutherford, whenever he appeared at an Assembly he was surrounded

by body guards with canes in hand.

Thats one aspect, the other is to publicly make aware that the Assembly was taking place by the JWs who would

walk about in public, sort of a form of advertising.

• SadElder
    SadElder

Blondie - according to the current suggestions (edicts) there are not to be any fun clothes. When going out to dinner or shopping one is expected to dress as if going to a congregation meeting. Of course convention (now regional meeting) badges must be worn. I've got the verbage some where, a KM I think.

• mynameislame
    mynameislame

if I saw someone do that, I KNOW they would be a drag on my fun and avoid them like norovirus.

It's funny because it's true

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit