District Assembly Dramas - where the heck do they come from?

by babygirl30 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Anybody remember the "Joseph and his Brothers" drama from the early 70's? That's the only one we were in (I should say Clyde). I believe the drama was about showing forgiveness. Clyde played the part of "Dan", and we thoroughly enjoyed the drama--except for one thing. Clyde decided to grow a real beard instead of using one of the fake beards. He looked great in his real beard but they asked him to shave it before the assembly. To keep the peace, he complied.

Like Blondie said, I think they used to stick closer to the actual Bible account as we could just about follow along in the Bible.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I was at two congregations in my life where our congregations had the drama. Now I was the ONLY one with real theater experience being that I trained at the distinguished American Academy of Dramatic Arts in New York and GRADUATED from there. It is very hard to do so yet both times I wasn't asked to be in the drama. Just a bunch of rookies waving their arms around and acting horribly.

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

The dramas were all written on the basis of "Evidently". The assumptions were just preposterous! I'd often try to follow it along in the Bible and be thinking, "Sheesh, where the hell are they getting this stuff?"

My favorite expression was when the good guy (who would represent the true god Je HO Vah!) would berate the doubter in his midst, telling him, "Oh Bithelemel, You are speaking as one of the senseless ones!"

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

anyone remember a modern day drama circa 1989 when the guy was named Randy,the other guy yelled Randy and the whole 20 odd thousand there roared with laughter,Randy is slang for sexually aroused in the UK

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

"Shame on you, Jookbeard. You are speaking as one of the senseless ones." (Raising arms in the air). "For my part, I will stick with what is good and righteous. May Je HO vah curse you!"

• I<3MYGod
    I<3MYGod

Same place Walt Disney and his gang got Fantasia - LSD and pot ;)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Forgive me sister Monroe for I not know the error of my ways

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit