District Assembly Dramas - where the heck do they come from?

by babygirl30 36 Replies latest jw experiences

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

"Say pop, can me and brother Irregular go see that hip new film at the drive-in this Friday?"

"Well son, your question reminds me of the story of Ahokalugiah from the book of Judges in the Bible. It's a swell story! See, in Ahokalugia's time..." <voice fades, orchestral music swells with a good number of shaking tambourines in it, a handful of drones cover the stage furniture with persian rugs and other blankets to make it look like ancient Israel, brother Brownnose in a skirt and bad fake beard walks to center stage talking to himself>

"ASSOCIATION! Who would have ever thought so much misery could be brought about just by association?"

Blah, blah, etc. etc.

Apparently, Mad Sweeny wrote and produced them all

• Room 215
    Room 215

Hey Man In Black, that JE-HO-VAH portentious intonation was a specialty of Dan Sydlik's....

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Besides, i'm too sexy for a drama. Those belted potato pouches they wear can't hold all THIS 'hotness' in. Brothers throwing their boxers on stage and screamin my name - ugh - would've been SUCH a distraction...hahahahahaha.

That would be worth seeing.

Think About It

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tee hee hee.

I was always embarrassed by this when I invited someone to the convention.

Syl

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

I was always embarrassed by this when I invited someone to the convention.

Me too! My uncle came years ago...and I remember being SO excited about it (having a non JW relative stop by)!!! But then as I watched his face, dude was bored out his MIND - and frankly - I was bored TOO. Always felt they never were realistic (just like ALL the experiences from the platform). Shoot, they were probably smart not to put me on stage (I'm such a ham)...I probably would've kept it TOO real.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Yeah, some of my workmates used to go with me (just to shut me up, I'm sure).

One day, and that was it for them!

LOL.

Syl

• sacolton
    sacolton

I thought all the dramas were written by Uwe Boll.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

They are written at Bethel, with Bethel choreographers, and mostly Bethel voice-actors, thus reflecting the distinctly narrow and naive world-view of those closely ensconsed individuals. The highly-detailed scripts are then disseminated to certain elders in charge of gathering a cast from local congregations and then they spend weeks and weeks rehearsing their pantomime absurdities.

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

LOL @ sacolton!

If anyone remembers the perfectly cast Jezebel in the '70s - a well-known wife of an elder in our locality who normally went around with [naturally?] jet black long hair, tanned complexion, strong make-up and a good hourglass figure - PM me.

• blondie
    blondie

Originally the "dramas" concentrated more on real people in the Bible and real events, inventing a little, now the events are most invented as are the people. The WTS used to "suggest" you read certain Bible verses; now there is nothing much in the Bible that is part of their invented story. But then most jws never read the "supporting" verses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit