Conditional love

by wannabefree 15 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

You can expect it from the congregation, but from a spouse? there is just something very wrong with that.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Even worst from your parents.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

AMEN to that one!

• JediMaster
    JediMaster

No kidding. I've experienced that personally. So far, after 6 months of therapy havent' even begun to touch on the subject cus it's jus too painful.

JediMaster

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I feel your pain Jedi.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Love, by nature, is conditional, human love that is.

It is because we tend to want to control everything, including love and as such we put conditions on that Love.

We are broken when it comes to love, because we are removed from our source of love, God.

God's love is unconditional, regardless of what MAN has written or ssaid about it.

God can love you no more than God loves you, nor any less, because God already loves you to the highest degree possible, because God is Love.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I've experienced this from both parents and my spouse (now my ex and a non-JW). It is painful because these people really need help but can't see it. They need to be re-educated on how to have normal relationships that are nurturing, joyous, and growth-oriented. They do everything that is opposite to what they would like to achieve. Very sad.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

"if you do not have love, you do not have God"

"you will knwo them by their works"

"where there is love there is God, where there is no love, there is no God".

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Oh, my JW mother told me years ago that there is no such thing as unconditional love, not from Jehovah or anyone else, and expecting that is wrong. I've gotten that from many Witnesses, though, not just her.

Hello THERAPY! People like my mother keep therapists very busy. They should give the Witnesses a kickback for all the business they give them.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

‘He who puts his faith in the Son has hold of eternal life, but he who disobeys the Son shall not see that life; God’s wrath rests upon him.’ John 3:36. New English Bible.

If we offer our love to someone and then tell them that failure to accept our love will result in our wrath, we are not offering love. We are threatening the person. This is a bullying - love me or else attitude and is an abuse of the word love.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses Bible uses the words, ‘God’s wrath remains upon him.’ Suggesting that it is already there and can only be removed by accepting the love under pain of death.

These are the writings of John which have been claimed as God’s words. Perfect love should not be conditional. If a perfect God exists, John has failed to explain such a God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit