What are JW's saying about Ray Franz's death?

by Think About It 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Think About It
    Think About It

Some of you who still go to meetings or are around JW's.......what have you heard them say about the death of Ray Franz?

Think About It

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

My guess is most of them don't know yet and the few who do won't mention him until someone else does first. Apostates are taboo, especially at the meetings. Maybe this weekend in a car group or at a gathering there might be someone bringing him up, but it isn't likely to be a hot topic around KHs IMO.

• blondie
    blondie

How would they know?

• sir82
    sir82

Dude it happened less than 24 hours ago.

Even if / when the news gets around, (1) old-timers viewed him as apostate #1 and won't dare discuss it, and (2) 99% of JWs under age 40 have never heard of him, so it won't even come up.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Ray-WHO?

(Ray Franz)

WHOZZAT?

(A former Governing Body member who exposed Jehovah's Witnesses in two books and was a vital link in helping many members to know the real truth.)

[Fingers in ears] La la la la la la la la la...... I'm sorry, I stopped listening. It looks like rain.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Then again, in a typical KH of 100 people, how many of them lurk here or on one of the other ex-Dub/apostate sites? Three? Five? Ten?

There are those who know about it.

But I still don't think they'll be talking about it a whole lot.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

If I was still an active JW, I would have no idea who he was, much less that he had died.

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

I didn't know who he was until I was out.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

If jaraz died most dubs will be like: Who!

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Great point, darth. Most Dubs don't even know their own GB members. It takes two or three visits for many to learn their own CO's name.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit