Ray Franz Passed Away Today

by Amazing 54 Replies latest jw friends

• Amazing
    Amazing

I just received word that Ray Franz passed away today at 1:37 PM Eastern Daylight Time. The cause of death is stated as head trauma, likely due to falling to the ground, and a stroke could have also been part of the cause or a result of the fall. He died at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta about 17 minutes after being taken off life support. I understand that Ray had previously requested that no funeral or memorial service be held and that he be cremated.

I have no other information to share at this time, but as I receive anything new that is not already posted, I will post it to this board.

I will personally miss him very much as he was most responsible for my liberation from mental enslavement to false teachings of the Watchtower. I appreciate his courage and candor in revealing what he knew in such a stunning and responsible manner. While my life has moved forward, it will always be impacted by what Ray Franz did in helping me and so many others. I am sure many hundreds of thousands of former JWs will miss Ray and find his passing a sad event ... but who share together a common bond of liberation with him.

I hope and trust that Ray is now with the Lord enjoying eternal life in heaven.

Jim W.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

His books helped me tremendously. I will always be grateful for his helping me to see behind WT curtain.

• yknot
    yknot

Thanks Jim....

A very sad day indeed....

All of our thoughts are with Cynthia

• Robdar
    Robdar

Such sad news. His book helped my (elder) father leave the org.

My condolences to the family.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

It is lovely to see you, Amazing, and thank you for this post.

There has been much discussion here about beloved Ray's passing.

Love,
    Baba.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I listened to an audio recording last week and that was the first time I have ever heard Ray's actual voice. He was a great man and will be missed by many. He has changed my life forever!

-mentallyfree31-

• garyneal
    garyneal

Such sad news, my condolences for his family. His books are an inspiration to many including me.

• Balsam
    Balsam

He was a great man and impacted all of us who read his book. I hope his book will continue to be published for all the folks still needing to read it. Condolences to his wife and close friends.

Ruth Baker

• awaken2004
    awaken2004

Thank you for posting this. Sad in deed . . . My condolances to his loved ones.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I think all of you for posting your thoughts and how he helped you. It's like Solomon said the day of a man's death is better than his birth. Ray lived an honorable life. I will buy C of C and read it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit