Al and Tipper are breaking up!

by Cagefighter 58 Replies latest social current

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

Alfalfa Gore has a habit of stretching the truth when it serves him... He said he took the initiative to create the internet (b/c he voted for legislation funding it) I guess that's like saying I built my house and letting you think I actually cut 2 x 4s and shingles when I actually just got a loan from the bank and hired a builder.... Ya it's the same thing, I guess..... LOL

• sacolton
    sacolton

creating is the same as inventing.

• zoiks
    zoiks

I'm not a fan of Big Al... but check out this article to get some perspective on how much he contributed to the Internet as we know it today...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Gore_and_information_technology

Again, 'creating' the internet was legislation which he helped make happen. Was his wording poorly chosen? You bet.

Edited to add: Argh! I can't believe I'm even in a discussion about Al Gore! How did this happen?!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Here's Big Al (with Billy) inventing ... I mean, creating the internets.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

During the October 3, 2000 Presidential debate, Gore mentioned 79-year-old Winifred Skinner, who has become the campaign's mascot for his Medicare prescription-drug program. "In order to pay for her prescription drug benefits, she has to go out seven days a week, several hours a day, picking up cans ," Gore said. "She came all the way from Iowa in a Winnebago with her poodle in order to attend here tonight."
    However, Skinner doesn't need to collect cans for her medication. Her son, Earl King, who formerly owned his own business and now lives on an 80-acre ranch and describes his lifestyle as "comfortable," has offered repeatedly to help her make ends meet. She continually declines his offers. In addition, the Winnebago Gore referred to, as well as the gas, was paid for by the Gore campaign. Five campaign workers accompanied Skinner, a longtime Democrat and former union organizer.
    (Source: New York Post, October 5, 2000 "Gore's nose is growing again"; Washington Post, October 5, 2000, page A20)

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I was there with James Lee Witt...oh, wait....

In the Presidential debate on October 3, 2000, Governor George W. Bush gave credit to the Federal Emergency Management Service (FEMA) for their work in Texas during fires and floods in Parker County. Vice President Al Gore said "I accompanied James Lee Witt down to Texas when those fires broke out." Carl Cameron, of Fox News first reported that Gore had not, in fact, been to Texas with Witt to look at the damage in Parker County. Gore WAS in Texas, but FEMA officials said Witt never went to Texas to deal with the 1998 fires.

• StAnn
    StAnn

40 years of marriage, thrown down the toilet because they've "grown apart"? If they grew apart, they can get back in love. She says that Al's long trips away have caused them to live separate lives. Well, maybe she could start accompanying him on his trips and maybe he could cut back on them and spend time with her at home. A 50/50 share of time on the road (together) and then time home together.

You fall in love with people you spend time with. After all of these years, I don't believe they can't fall back in love.

Marriage is sacred and too important to throw away after 40 years and 4 children. They vowed "for better or worse." Growing apart isn't an acceptable reason to divorce in my book.

StAnn

• sir82
    sir82
    Everyone knows the military invented the prototype Internet!

Well, then, Al invented the military!

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Marriage is sacred and too important to throw away after 40 years and 4 children. They vowed "for better or worse." Growing apart isn't an acceptable reason to divorce in my book.

40 years is two life sentences with no parole. I'd say they've done their time and can do whatever the hell they want!

• StAnn
    StAnn

John Doe, marriage isn't a punishment. It's a blessing and an opportunity to grow as a person, if you do it right.

StAnn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit