A Question About Paradise Earth?

by sacolton 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sacolton
    sacolton

We've all seen illustrations of Jehovah's happy people living in a utopia lifestyle sharing baskets of fruit, wearing preppy clothing and everyone has a pet grizzly bear or shark, but what about natural disasters? Earthquakes, hurricanes, volcanoes, flash floods, hail, lightning, blizzards, etc are just going to cease to exist? Everyday will be a beautiful 76 degrees with a calm cool breeze from the north?

• designs
    designs

Sac,

You have the same problem with standard New Covenant Theology, the Catholic view, and some forms of Dispensationalism.

You go Up and then you come right back Down to earth.............what about dem weather storms. Or don't they discuss that in Sunday School.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Seems like a no brainer to me. Natural disasters are bad, they kill people, they are seen as signs of the end by the watchtower, so naturally they will be gone in the new system.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

The only reason for the death and destruction, is because of how things are built. Look at how cheap homes are made, no wonder they get torn up in a storm. If living forever, I'm sure would build things to withstand that stuff.

Some of those things, also think are nature's cleanup. Hurricanes, ice storms, break up and cut down dead/weak branches, etc. Most problems from most these things is man's fault, not all, but most of them.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The settings in the art are never "proven" beyond a few basic scriptures in the book of Isaiah. I am sure someone will post a quote or three from WT mags that discusses how Jehovah will personally bless the weather. Oh there will be rain, but no life-threatening weather. I seem to recall them mentioning that the seasons had a purpose and we will still have them, but it's hard to sell the idea of paradise in the snow.

• designs
    designs

OTWO-

One of the solutions they tried (briefly) was to speculate that the cloud cover would return ala pre Flood, somehow some genius thought that the weather was milder with the canopy....

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think the deal is supposed to be that as perfect humans with a direct line to God either we'll be able to predict and avoid any natural catastrophes OR God will simply protect us from them miraculously like he's going to do at Armageddon. Hard to say what goes through a Dub's mind on these sorts of things. Probably most have never even thought of it. I mean, most don't even realize that the 1,000 years are going to totally suck and that the paradise they're waiting for isn't right after Armageddon, it's after the NEXT armageddon at the end of the 1,000 years. But they don't know their own doctrine, for the most part.

• sacolton
    sacolton

All I know is Jehovah is going to provide some anti-matter gun to help them clean up the earth. I suppose you can point that gun at a tornado to get rid of it.

(Source: "You Will Be With Me In Paradise" video / Youtube)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Nobody has explained to me how I'm going to grow my food when there are no predators eating the bugs and rabbits etc. that want to eat my veggies.

I have enough trouble now with white butterflys and the odd cow that gets into my garden. What's it going to be like when lions turn veggie? They could scoff a whole cabbage as quick as a cow.

There's a picture in one of the Kingdom News from 1942 where the people are standing in a field of animals. Not a single piece of vegetation in sight. It's probably my bloody garden.

Cheers

Chris

• sacolton
    sacolton

The canned answer to all is: "Jehovah will provide" or "Wait on Jehovah".

Oh, yeah, all the land masses are going to just snap back together too. That should take a few million years ... at least?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit