Silly things I wondered as a kid

by exwhyzee 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Dark Side
    Dark Side

If grains of sand were bigger and not so numerous...

• joeblow
    joeblow

I pondered these questions long long ago....

If the GB is supposed to be the direct link to Jehovah, why do they keep having to change their story? Woudln't Jehovah have inspired them to get it right the first time?

If the GB are supposed to be annointed and thus on a level above the rest of us, closer to God etc etc.... why were members of the GB DFed? How could they be? They should never have been a GB member in the frst place if they were capable of sinning on a level that requies DFing.

Why don't people think something is kind of odd when they look at what is written in older publications and read info that was "fact" at the time, but now is considered 100% wrong? so much so that to claim it's true now as you may have done as recently as last month is going toget you into mega trouble with the elders.

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

If you try to take all this stuff literally, your head will explode.

I used to wonder things exactly like this when I was a kid and a JW, but I kept being assured by all the supposedly wise adults around me that I'd understand eventually.

Never happened. LOL

And then I found out like everyone does eventually when I became one myself that most adults don't know a good crap about half of what they're talking about anyway.

• streets76
    streets76

If Jesus sacrificed his life, why is he still alive?

• Lieu
    Lieu

As a kid:

I wondered why I couldn't do anything fun.

I wondered why those of little means were treated as second class to those of better means.

I wondered why no one seemed to like mentioning Jesus.

I wondered why my dad was supposed to die in the big A since he's a pretty cool guy.

All sorts of stuff.

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

According to the WT the nephilim was the offspring of the disobedient angels(demons) and women.

1.Why did they not just simply materialize new bodies after the flood that destroyed their offspring and have more

offspring with the women that came later?

2. If angels are neither male nor female, but are gender neutral, then why did none of the angels make female bodies

and have relations with the males? ( I always wondered this one as a kid)

3. If the demons are really behind things such as homosexuality, then why did none of them create male

bodies to lay with the males or female bodies to lay with the females? (Inquiring minds want to know)

• shamus100
    shamus100

When I was a kid I used to think that hair was dead veins.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Techdotcom...you and I are on the same page on this. I never could figure out the whole Abraham/Issach thing. Nowadays people who hear God talking to them are put on medication. Lucky for Issach (if it ever happened) the voice stopped talking.

What about when the angels went into Sodom and Gomorrah and somebodys daughter was thrown out to be raped by all the men who wanted the angels ? Couldn't the angels have protected themselves? Why was it ok to sacrafice some innocent girl ? I remember my Mom just looking down at her shoes when she tried to explain this one. It doesn't add up....I think the Bible is full of things that aren't meant to be taken literally or any other way. There are a lot of scarey people who have so much invested in believing certain things and are so afraid of the implications of admitting that they don't understand everything that they will stop at nothing to force you to believe it, including letting an orginazation direct them to cut off their friends, family and loved ones who don't go along with the party line.

• aSphereisnotaCircle
    aSphereisnotaCircle

Why does Hollywood use special effects for demonic movies when there are plenty of demons to use?

If Jehovah never even thought to have parents sacrifice their kids to Molech in a fire, then how come he sent fire to destroy everyone, including kids, in Sodom and Gomorah?

two goods one that I never thought of as a child.

I had plenty of others though, mostly mentioned here

• techdotcom
    techdotcom
    What about when the angels went into Sodom and Gomorrah and somebodys daughter was thrown out to be raped by all the men who wanted the angels ? Couldn't the angels have protected themselves? Why was it ok to sacrafice some innocent girl ?

For some reason, when I was a kid this one just didn't register. Throwing babies of the cliffs sounds pretty sick.

If something would normally be not only wrong to do, but horrific to even think about doing, how is it a good thing when God does it or supposedly commands it to be done. When I was little I had a hard time understanding how coveting was wrong and yet "Jehovah is a jealous god", for instance.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit