How much time have they bought themselves? How long can they stretch it now?

by Psychotic Parrot 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Members of the second group of annointed will be alive to see the end, or so they are now saying, therefore the youngest member of the anointed alive today is the key here. How old is the youngest accepted annointed person today? They can't be any younger than 50-ish, surely. And since you wouldn't expect them to live much more than 100, that limits the amount of time they can stretch this on for. But it's still quite a while really, it gives them a good 50 years to keep this thing going. Just think about that! J-dubs out preaching door to door in 2060! It'll be almost 200 years since C.T. Russell started this damn thing by then

I'll be in my 70's by then, ah i feel sick now

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It's a stall tactic until they can think of something just as plausible (as in something superficially pleasing or persuasive <a swindler… , then a quack, then a smooth, plausible gentleman — R. W. Emerson>) for the rank and file to swallow hook line and sinker.

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

They can change the meaning of generation again if they want and make up something else to fit their needs. It reminds me of that annoying song:

This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends, some people started singing it not knowing what it was,

and they'll continue singing it forever just because...

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I feel there is a "biblical basis" for extending the horizon beyond what you have said.

(Note to the WATCHTOWER BIBLE & TRACT SOCIETY - this "new light" is copyright 2010 by Nathan Natas.)

The longest overlapping generation in the Bible is Methuselah and his great-grandson Shem. Together their two lives spanned 1,469 years.

People will protest, "but folks today don't live for five hundred or more years!" Clearly, that argument is biblically irrelevant, since Jesus said that the last days would be like the days of Noah.

Methuselah was a man approved by Jehovah God. He foreshadowed the "early" anointed of these "last days in that he (Methuselah) did not live beyond the expression of Jehovah's righteous wrath upon THAT generation. That expression of wrath was the FLOOD.

Shem, however, foreshadowed the "late anointed" of these last days. Shem DID survive the expression of Jehovah's wrath upon an ungodly world.

Likewise, in today's "last generation" spanning 1,469 years, there will be some anointed who have the privilege of standing with Jehovah at the beginning of the last days (1914) and other anointed who will be alive when the "generation" comes to a close in the year 3383 CE. Those anointed will not have the joy of being present at the beginning of Jehovah's work during the last days, but will have the privilege of surviving Jehovah's "day of wrath" at Armageddon and providing counsel and guidance to non-anointed human who also survive that great day.

See how easy it is? If even a lowly apostate like myself can whip up a turd sandwich like this so easily, the sociopaths in charge of the WATCHTOWER can do the same. Just be warned, WATCHTOWER and other parasitic meta-physicians - this particular line of crap is copyrighted by me, Nathan Natas. Don't plagiarize me. Write your own crap.

• bob1999
    bob1999

I think that they will say, at some point or another, that a baby born before the last annointed (that saw the events of 1914 dies off) is part of the overlapping generation.

Remember than a baby born in the year 1914 was part of the "generation".

100 years plus 100 years = 2114

Peace

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Forever. The whole issue proves that most people will believe whatever they are told. Before the "overlap" generation dies another illogical doctrine will replace it and be eagerly lapped up by the followers.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

How long can they stick with this current teaching? Theoretically it could go at least 50 years. BUT mrsjones5 is right; this is a stopgap measure until they can move on to something else more palatable to the rank and file. They felt pressured for some unknown reason to DO SOMETHING NOW about the generation teaching but what they came up with sucks harder than anything else they've done since the murderous blood transfusion ban.

I almost think this idiotic teaching was allowed to go to print as a loyalty test. If you'll swallow this, you'll swallow anything.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

JW's will be around as long as there are people around.

For all of their bumbling with their "generation" teaching, JW's are a surprisingly generational bunch, divided by the distinct era's of the cults history.

No member in the 20's and 30's would be in the group if they held to most of their doctrine. It changed so much. Ditto the Knorr era, the Fred Franz ghost writing years after WWII, up to 1975. 3 times since 1994, they have changed the generation doctrine.

Each generation of JW's is uniquely its own. It's an odd dichotemy. My generation that stuck around in their 30's are missionaries, CO's, trying to raise kids and make sense of the cult while trying to live a life somehow. They have to deal with older generations still dealing with their own (unspoken) disappointment that the end isn't here.

This group, like most religions, will not explode out of existence. They will eventually wind down, and probably change their name or be absorbed into another religion that springs up in the future. That religion will probably need real estate property in NY state.....

• flipper
    flipper

PSYCHOTIC PARROT- I think the WT society will be sucking on sour lemons by 2050 if the big A hasn't come. I think within 40 years they are gradually going to lose members due to the unfulfilled expectations. They think they have pulled a fast one here to stretch out their scam on JW members - but it's so brain dead that only brain dead people will buy into it. Of course that includes most JW's . So there you go.

But some authentic and critical minded younger people will start to exit the witneses. They already are as we speak. Only 33 % of JW's under 30 stay in the cult. I think time will show the WT society really screwed themselves with this little jewel of a " turd doctrine "

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

Thanks for the responses boys & girls

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit