"Generation" talk from 2010 DC from Tucson, Arizona

by cabasilas 29 Replies latest watchtower bible

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

They only changed the calling closing in 1935 because most (bar one) of the Gibbering Buddy were "annointed" AFTER 1935 -

They had to change it because it undermined their credibility.

HB

• flipper
    flipper

2 Overlapping lifespans is 2 generations - period. Whether they overlap or not. I was born in 1959 and Herbert Hoover President of the U.S. in the late 1920's , early 1930's died in early 1960's. He was born in the 1800's as he was 90 or so when he died. So that makes us the same generation because 4 or 5 years of our lives overlapped ? Not. But apparently this is what the WT society and JW's are trying to sell right now to it's members

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I really don't think there'll be any legal issues with the lecture as it was given at a public venue. The type of things that the WT Society has challenged in the past were different. One was when a lecture from a District Convention contained recordings produced by the Watchtower Society of songs from the new songbook. That was removed from Internet Archive after they complained. The other was the recent WTComments You Tube video which included a picture of their copyrighted script.You Tube took that down when the WT Society complained.

I don't think they can complain about something that is simply an audio of a lecture from a District Convention, especially if it was given in a public place.

Having said that, they could complain just to try to get it off the Internet. I doubt they'd do that, but if you want the lecture it might be best to download it just in case.

• Cagefighter
    Cagefighter

I wonder how many honest JW's are hearing this "new light" and realizing it's all crap but they are too scared to walk away.

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

I bet you there are many who know it's "all crap."

Just to add that the benefactor for the recording is our own Aunt Bee. Thank you for taking the time to go to the Convention and recording the lecture! I believe she has some other recordings and may share these later.

• sir82
    sir82

As others have posted on other threads....

Why does it have to be limited to 2 groups?

Once you start expanding "one generation" into "groups" of overlapping generations, why stop at 2? What's the Biblical principle there?

Why not 3? or 30? or 100,000?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

My dad was born in 1944. Babe Ruth died in 1948. The WT is claiming that my dad is of the same generation as Babe Ruth since their lives overlapped. Insane!

• Heaven
    Heaven

My Dad was born in 1927. He has no idea what they're talking about anymore.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I agree that they could start adding other groups. To extend it yet another generation is about as simple as stringing yet another set of Christmas lights to the first strand. If I need more after strand 2, I plug in strand 3. Using commercial grade strands with LEDs, I can plug in as many as 125 strands of Christmas lights into the series, and call it "one strand".

Unlike Christmas lights, the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is not limited by the fuse box in how many generations they can string together. The string can theoretically go on forever, as soon as one generation reaches its end you plug the next into it.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

Spin Doctors Extraordinaire

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit