update on why the Elders have been so busy trying to contact me

by troubled mind 27 Replies latest jw friends

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

They have stopped by our house multiple times (we have been gone or just ignored their knocks) multiple phone messages requesting it is urgent that I call them back .(screened all calls lately )

Today the phone rings and I tell my husband screw it I am answering and putting an end to this .

The Elder on the other line is not the one that has been stopping by ,but rather my husbands ex-nephew through marriage . Seems his younger brother has been viewing my youtube account and saw quite a few anti -jehovah witness videos there that I had been viewing . (FYI ...I did not know others could see the videos I had saved to favorites )

He was very stern sounding and said the brothers want to meet with me and ask some questions about these videos on my youtube account . Also they want to ask if I want to remain a Jehovah's Witness .

So I told him I really did not know my account was not private ,but I still see no need for them to pry into my personal life . I said NO I will not meet nor answer any personal questions . Please tell the rest of the Elders to quit calling and stopping by ...if I have any questions I will contact them ! Then I just said good bye and hung up !

I guess I will wait and see what happens next . I refuse to DA just on the grounds it pisses me off they think they can still hold something over me .

• carla
    carla

oh dear, I see a df-ing in absentia coming. Good luck with everything.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They want to talk to you about Video`s on your youtube account?..

LOL!!..

Translation:"We have no Life..So we demand to Run your life.."

Idiots!!..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

It's not good enough for them that you just leave, they need to punish you as well. It's pretty fucking horrible when you think about it.

• palmtree67
    palmtree67

If I even accidently saw something questionable on my friend's youtube account, I wouldn't feel I had the right to question them about it.

I hope any lurkers here can see that THEY will not let a person just leave quietly.

Sorry, troubled mind.

• flipper
    flipper

TROUBLED MIND- You handled it well. The elders did the same thing to me with harassing phone calls in late 2003 once I stopped attending . I too would hang up on them. What pissed me off was the same thing that pisses YOU off - how dare they intrude on your private life and feel they can still control you !

Don't be surpised if the phone calls don't stop. You may have to change your number, or threaten them with legal action , restraining order, or threaten to call the police if the harassment continues. I threatened the elders with police action in 2007 - and they STILL set up a judicial committee for me for circumstancial fornication with no eyewitnesses. Get yourself ready for a fight - you may be in for one here. Stand up for your rights though - don't be intimidated by them. They are only humans. And a piss poor excuse for humans at that. If you'd like to talk at length about how I handled my dillemma - feel free to PM me and I'll share my experience with you. Good luck kiddo

• moshe
    moshe

ring ring--Hello- is this T-M?,-- "yes",

Well, this if Major Mutley and you are AWOL from your regiment in the French Foreign Legion. You need to come down to headquarters for a general court martial tonight.

T-M: well it's not convenient, some other time maybe.

Major Mutley:" listen here, you are in big trouble lassie, and your husband, too, for harboring a fugitive. Come down her tonight or else it's the firing squad for you two.".

T-M: "wait a minute, I don't recognize your authority over me and unless you can produce a legal document proving that you have authority over me, you can go hump a camel, Mutley."

Major Mutley: "well, in that case you've got me over a barrel, have a nice day. I won't be bothering you anymore."

See the point? The elders only have the authority over you that you give them- tell them to go hump a camel.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I still see no need for them to pry into my personal life . I said NO I will not meet nor answer any personal questions . Please tell the rest of the Elders to quit calling and stopping by ...if I have any questions I will contact them ! Then I just said good bye and hung up !

That's about the best thing to do. They're going to do whatever they want regardless of your wishes but you are under NO OBLIGATION to participate in any of their ridiculous shenanigans.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I dont see how they can bring a case for apostasy or anything else on the basis of someone else viewing your private account???? Surely, despite their strong warnings and 'advice' there is no disfellowshipping offence for watching an anti JW video?? I'd be inclined to deny it anyway just to be perverse since you shouldnt be required to answer to it at all....

Hope you're ok Troublemind...

Loz x

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Tell them in the most appropriate way that your association with the WTS organization or JWS whatever you choose

has come to a permanent close and that you request that they stop phoning to ask where you are.

They might start going into why when the end is so close drivel, but cut them off short.

If you do show any sort of indecisive weakness they will play on that to be sure.

Sometimes you have to be abrupt and strong with these guys.

If you do choose to answer why, tell them in one single word " Research " that will stick in their guts

like a lump of coal that will be hard for them to digest.....all the best

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit