Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 05-30-10 WT Study (ONE FLOCK/SHEPHERD)

by blondie 25 Replies latest jw friends

• onemore
    onemore

Blondie, thank you for your hard work. I always look forward to your WT comments.

Titus: We all have to attend because the GB says so. That’s it. LOL! I know where you are coming from, I asked myself the same question over the years.

My 2cents…

“2. However, Jesus made this startling declaration to the Jews of his day: "The kingdom of God will be taken from you and be given to a nation producing its fruits."

In the current JW’s environment fruits=works (preaching hours, meeting attendance, pioneering, building comities/regional, bethel work, ms/elder, etc.).

At the times of Jesus the nation was saturated with “works”, the Pharisees lead the way. It is obvious, then, that the fruits that the nation was not producing were love, mercy, joy and faith -just to mention a few. From my experience and observation, many JWs are not loving, especially those in leadership position; there is no mercy nor compassion in the handling of child sex abuse by JW’s leadership (anointed/GB/FDS). I see no Joy in the faces of JW that have been associating with the religion for 5+plus years. Their faith is towards the material rewards that the WT promotes, their faith in Jehovah and Jesus rest on their expectation of the nearness of the “end of this system of thing”, their faith in biblical truth has been replaced for loyalty to the 9 or 12 men in Brooklyn, NY who call themselves the Governing Body.

P.S....this WT study was just a load of "materia fecal de toro"...

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

I always look forward to your comments Blondie. Thanks!

What was going through my mind as I was reading this was how hard it was to grasp what exactly the article was trying to say. Referencing ancient Israel and comparing it to Jesus dafoy then comparing it to today. Very confusing. Then I thought, If I was still in and was sitting through this study, I would tell myself this is really deep! Not a light fluffy study (milk) but meaty (solid food). This is the tactic they use to confuse the hell out of the rank and file. If you don't understand, just accept that it is "deep". If you don't understand, it means you are not of the anointed. Only they can really understand it (yes I had people tell me this).

16. Paul also helps us to understand that those with an earthly hope do not partake of the Memorial emblems. He said to anointed Christians: "For as often as you eat this loaf and drink this cup, you keep proclaiming the death of the Lord, until he arrives." (1 Cor. 11:26) When does the Lord 'arrive'? When he comes to take the last of his anointed bride class to their heavenly home. (John 14:2, 3) Clearly, the annual observance of the Lord's Evening Meal is not to continue endlessly. "The remaining ones" of the woman's seed yet on earth will continue to partake of this meal until all of them have received their heavenly reward. (Rev. 12:17) If, though, those who will live forever on earth were entitled to partake of the emblems, then this Memorial meal would need to continue forever.

"Also helps us to understand".... really? Or is it the WT changing the meaning of his words? Said to "anointed Christians".... where does it say that in the scripture? And that last sentence, the logic is totally over my head. And I'm not a stupid person!

Matt 26:26-29 is pretty straightforward. Jesus passed the bread and wine and said "Drink from it all of you. This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins"

It's all so simple yet the WT makes it sooooooooooooo complicated.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Backspacer: you said Matt 26:26-29 is pretty straightforward. Jesus passed the bread and wine and said "Drink from it all of you.

One must realize that the Greek Scriptures (aka New Testament) was written specifically for the anointed followers of Christ, therefore, "all of you" would imply anointed followers. The new covenant was made with "all of you " anointed followers, not with the great crowd. Just as all Christians benefit from reading the Hebrew Scriptures though they are not under the law, likewise, those of the great crowd benefit from the Greek Scriptures even though the letters were specifically intended for the anointed.

Of course, I play the apologist here and speak tongue in cheek.

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

sorry for the excessive hilite

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

WHAT?????? You mean the Bible is not meant for me because I'm not of the anointed? How comforting....

Just another reminder of why I left.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sure sounds like they are trying to confuse the flock. Again. The proselytes have nothing to do with the anointed/Other Sheep of the witless religion. They try to compare the old nation of Israel with the Jehovah's Witlesses--aren't the witlesses supposed to be Christian?

• sir82
    sir82

This article was far beyond their usual gibberish. It was just a series of more or less random scriptural citations followed by bald assertions that in no way shape or form were supported by anything.

In our congregation's WT study, 3 people did the majority of the commenting. You could almost hear the mental gears clashing & grinding in the heads of the R&F.

The WT conductor asked question after question trying to draw people out but was met for the most part by stony silence, until one of the 3 bailed him out. We finished more than 10 minutes early because there just weren't any hands to call on.

• Titus
    Titus
    WHAT?????? You mean the Bible is not meant for me because I'm not of the anointed? How comforting....

BACKSPACER, are you surprised? That's exactly what I was told by one Gilead graduate, now missionary. He said that the Jesus parable in Matthew 15:26 applies on Anointed&Othersheep and "feeding from the table of God's Word". Annointed ones are God's "children", and nonanointed are "dogs" which "eat of the crumbs falling from the table of their masters".

In answer he said: “It is not right to take the bread of the children and throw it to little dogs.” She said: “Yes, Lord; but really the little dogs do eat of the crumbs falling from the table of their masters.” (Matthew 15:26, 27).
  • Titus
    Titus

BTW, did I said that I conducted that WT study in our congregation at Sunday? It was hilarious.....

• Backspacer
    Backspacer

nonanointed are "dogs" which "eat of the crumbs falling from the table of their masters"

Wow. I hardly know how to respond to this. Let's see... not of the anointed class per the WT so now I'm a dog, female= weaker vessel, and the bible was not written for me. Christ's sacrifice has a secondary or lesser meaning for me. I really don't matter so why stay? OH so I can clean up the dead bodies after armageddon. No thanks.

And I'll bet it was a fun study to conduct! Those poor other sheep who just did not understand. Wait a second. Are they considered SheepDogs?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit