The Day After DC 2010

by wannabefree 13 Replies latest jw friends

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Facebook comments of my wife and friends are making me sick ... literally.

"great reminders" "loved it" "just what we needed" "love the way Jehovah works" "very encouraging" "get better every year" "best convention ever" "what a boost"

What did I miss? Have I become a wicked fault-finding apostate blind to the encouragement?

I want to put up on my facebook "Does everyone buy into this nonsense ... contemporaries of overlapping generations = this generation?" You only hear the positive, nobody will express thoughts that are negative. (Including me, thats what this board is for at the moment ... @#$%!!

• shamus100
    shamus100

You could tell them that Jesus is going to come out of the GB's ass and they'd believe it. If you didn't before, now you will.

They're brain-dead turds and you'll never change them until they want to change. Just like a person with a drug addiction.

• Think About It
    Think About It

These are the same idiots who built a couple houses in the 20's in the San Diego area, because Rutherfraud convinced them some bible prophets were going to be resurrected from the dead and would need a place to live. How friggin stupid.

If I'm a bible prophet and get resurrected, I want to be at Bethel where the action is. The again, in CA they could have served as technical consultants on biblical motion pictures.

Think About It

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    "great reminders" "loved it" "just what we needed" "love the way Jehovah works" "very encouraging" "get better every year" "best convention ever" "what a boost"

These are the same old prefabricated comments they use after every convention. I heard the same shit 30 years ago.

W

• loosie
    loosie

Just post that you found jesus... he was hiding behind the couch the whole time.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It is OK to put something on your page that totally agrees with the new doctrine, but makes you look like a fruitloop for saying it.

Another trick could be to make a positive comment about the change, but get it wrong so that someone might try to correct you, then, if they take the bait, make yourself, and/or them look like a fruitloop explaining it, all the time keeping up the pretense of being a trooo believer.

Have fun.

Chris

• ziddina
    ziddina

Oooo, Shamus' comment gave me a good idea, but Black Sheep beat me to it!!!

Sounds like fun! Slightly mis-state the info in the talk/Watchtower/whatever... If the elders 'call' you on it, act befuddled, and ask THEM to explain it - in DETAIL - to you...

Aaahhh, what Black Sheep said...

Zid

• ziddina
    ziddina

Just had another bratty idea, tho...

Can you create a 'fake' Facebook account?? Then go into a few non/ex-JW's accounts, and REALLY VENT? (I can give you my Facebook account name in a PM - I rarely use it, and since I've got a lot of "Pagan" SCA'ers as friends, they won't bat an eyelash if you post something negative about the former cult...)

Zid winking devil cat

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Facebook status: Evidently, 1+1=1

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I used to come out from the DC feeling the same way. All the excitement, meeting old friends etc. Positive resolutions for how I could do better. But just like New Years Resolutions, a couple of weeks later you are back into the same old patterns.

One year I went to a Robbie Williams concert straight after the DC. There were about 100,000 people in a football stadium on a perfect night and I came out feeling even more uplifted. That was when it really clicked with me that it was not the information but the effect of being in a crowd that was so moving.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit