Bedroom Laws

by XPeterX 40 Replies latest jw experiences

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Where is this based on?Which verse of the bible says that we have to follow certain rules when it comes to sex?(I know this is a very discussed topic).What have you heard/seen?I am sure no one ever follows that.

• Psychotic Parrot
    Psychotic Parrot

In one of their wonderful, illustrated, 192 page masterpieces, they made the claim that since certain acts, such as oral sex & anal sex, are commonly carried out by homosexuals, it would therefore would be wrong for heterosexuals to engage in those acts since they would be imitating homosexuals.

It's a pretty straightforward fallacy of equivocaton. Homosexuality is condemned in the bible, homosexuals have oral sex & anal sex, therefore oral sex & anal sex are wrong.

• yknot
    yknot

(Hebrews 13:4) 4 Let marriage be honorable among all, and the marriage bed be without defilement, for God will judge fornicators and adulterers.

• The Finger
    The Finger

I could never draw the line where to stop

• tec
    tec

Nowhere (that I can remember reading) does the OT laws or NT books say what acts are appropriate in the bedroom - except for not lying with a woman during her period. (OT) Other than that, the laws are quite detailed and clear only on 'who' or 'what' you cannot have sex with. Men with men, your father's wife, your sister, a mother and a daughter, bestiality, etc...

People have simply imposed their own social morals onto what is or is not considered sexual immorality. The only thing that can be interpreted in more extreme ways is modest dress and behavior (these are given as guides in the NT and would depend on the society, imo) - but neither of these have anything to do with the bedroom.

Tammy

• dgp
    dgp

My question would be how the bedroom laws can change if the Bible hasn't changed lately.

• upnorth
    upnorth

Sex with their dogma

virtual bisexuality I suppose

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

So homosexuals also practice digital sex does that mean it's wrong to use hands and fingers?

LD

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Anything other than penis and vagina is wrong, wrong, wrong!!

• Terry
    Terry

I think Christianity as a whole is simply in denial about the existence of people born with both sets of sexual genitalia.

How do they account for it and get God into the argument?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit