Why do you visit this site?

by exwhyzee 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

I like to roll out the welcome mat to new faders-

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I come to this site because I can, no one can make me stop, and I like the people on this site. Who says I have to move on from here?

• The Finger
    The Finger

i always feel guilty and stupid and can usually only come on after having a few drinks

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

I am "studying" and come here to find information I can present to the JW I talk to.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

It's a little like graduating from 25 years in a concentration camp. You really can't talk to anyone about your experience except with others who have been there.

Another thing which is also true:

People who choose to become JW's (who were not raised as such) have the kinds of imaginations that allow for all manner of interesting thoughts. People without this spark inside are dried up, dull and uninteresting.

• Kristina1972
    Kristina1972

I have come here off and on over the years. This is actually my third user name, because I always forget my password and user id when I've been away for awhile.

My husband was raised JW, although never baptized and I find it very fascinating that even though he does not attend the KH, he still refuses to come to a "normal" church with me. He also will not celebrate holidays, although he's loosening up a little bit and will help my son buy me birthday gifts, etc.

I studied for a year with the JW's because at first I couldn't find fault with their reasoning. Thankfully I was never sucked in enough to get baptized.

A little over a year ago I found a church that I really love to attend that is quite similar to what I was raised with.

Any way long story short, my MIL is a fanatic JW of the controlling variety. I come here to try to get some insight on the recent goings on in the BORG and understand where my DH is coming from.

Studying with them for a year, I can understand how brainwashed a person raised in the "religion" could be. I really feel sorry for the little boy that my husband once was...

• Bourne
    Bourne

Are you kidding? This is the best peep show around!

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I'm so glad I asked the question...such great answers !

Incognito...you nailed it, you said what I couldn't.

Mrs Jones...you're absolutely right !

Kristina72...I was that little boy like your husband, who had his head implanted with beliefs and fears that are hard to let go of. He's lucky to have a wife who is so insightful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit