Why do you visit this site?

by exwhyzee 37 Replies latest jw experiences

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

I found this site a few months ago...I like the people here and enjoy following their updates as well as the wealth of info they offer...I too have people still in the Borg...all my adult kids in fact, so its important for me to know whats happening to their minds in there....and then maybe in return for the healing I've experienced here I may get the chance to say something that helps someone else in their healing process....

Loz x

• Chalam
    Chalam

transhuman68 Seriously, this is the only place where I can discuss the big questions about life, without having someone trying to give me a beer or a Bible!

Here, have a bible! ;) http://www.biblegateway.com/

Hopefully Outlaw will supply us with beer :)

Blessings,

Stephen

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

I visit this site because I learn things not mentioned by the Organization.Then I tell to other Witnesses about what I have found out/leard and compare.

• not a captive
    not a captive

At first I thought it was great just to have a place where others understood the soul-violence of having the "Brotherhood" slowly squeeze the life out of you with its white velvet gloves. Softly, gently until one day, blue-face and bug-eyed you begin to resist.

I sent a DA letter and started learning to breath on my own.That's when I found this discussion board.

The people on this board did something amazing:As soon as I regained any strength, they can tell. It turns out that one sign of recovery is that you begin to voice--not just an opinion--you voice your opinion.

That is precisely what was choked out of you--your own voice generated by your own thoughts and experience..

They give you a trouncing if they disagree with you. But it's usually fair play. And, if it's not, you or someone else will call them on it. No one has to change their mind and conform to anyone else's point of view. But facts are valued her, they are given the reverence due them. Everything is debated.

The FDS took this from us.

Over time the scripture "always learning but never able to come to an accurate knowledge of truth", the dread that drove some of us to search in the first place was used against us. Now all we did was learn. But the FDS made it clear: you will neve understand until we tell you you do. We never got to search and question any more. And what small satisfaction we had in being attached to the only true channel to "accurate knowledge" was destroyed at erratic intervals. Because what we thought they/we understood could be taken from us at a moment's notice at the next publication or next convention.

A better translation of that verse at 2 Tim. 3:7 is "ever learning but never understanding or recognizing the truth". The FDS had the self-delusion that they could have accurate knowledge. How would they know? They are not God.They have persistently had and diseminated inaccurate knowledge. And beaten their fellow slaves every time they have been wrong.

The best any of us can do is make a good faith effort to recognize that we are on the right track and humbly and honestly do self-correcting as we will. As we try to do God's will.

If there is a true God, he'll help us.This board has helped me do that.

Is this board an agent of the true God?

Now there's a post that would get some lively action.

Maeve

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Hopefully Outlaw will supply us with beer :)
    Blessings,
    Stephen

............................ ...OUTLAW

• zeroday*
    zeroday*

Just to piss off the WTS...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Habit mostly, but one think I appreciate about the site is the speed with which current events get posted here. I can flip on the radio or TV, sit through mindless programming and commercials, and finally hear about some big news event. Or I can come to JWN and immediately find it on the first page of active topics.

W

• man in black
    man in black

To read up on the latest news about the witness teachings, problems, and common news.

• cult classic
    cult classic

I visit the site because I love the people who post here. At least I think I do....

I have been able to receive excellent advice on how to move forward in life after being a JW. I love the feeling of comraderie I find here. The people are intelligent, funny and insightful. And most seem to have a geniune interest in helping when they can.

We discuss the WT because that is what we know. Just as we could easily discuss another subject that we're familiar with. It's not just about getting over having been a witness. Once you start posting here your motivations may change. If you get tired of posting/reading here simply stop. There are no rules. But like others you may soon value popping in just to see what everyone's up to, talking about and to offer help to the newbies.

Cult Classic

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I come to this site for " TheTruth "

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit