Will The Governing Body Enforce the New Generation Understanding and Muzzle Open Criticism Among the Rank and File?

by frankiespeakin 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

I don't see this going over any differently than the dropping of the 1914 generation in 1995; some won't even get it, some might but don't care, some will and be disturbed by it and leave (I know some who did). There will be a small group that saw this change coming before it was even printed thereby not really agreeing with the current doctrine but just keeping their mouth shut. In the WTS even if you are right, you are wrong if you don't agree with them.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I have family who do not recognize this as new light. They just don't get it. They said it's nothing new that some annointed would still be living in this time of the end. Or Jesus didn't know the time of the end when he talked about the "generation" so he couldn't be specific.

I know that if I didn't bring it up, most wouldn't even be paying attention.

• daringhart13
    daringhart13

I agree with Blondie.

Most have NEVER understood the 'doctrine' to begin with.

I sat with an anointed brother and talked 'generation' for hours last weekend. He didn't even understand it.....oh, and he is part of the 'faithful and discreet slave' that is supposed to be feeding people like me.

The majority just show up at the Kingdom Hall, never learn anything, never study and are never able to explain why they are Jehovah's Witnesses.

For someone that put their heart and soul into the faith....its really painful to learn that most never listen to the talks, study or ever consider anything deeper than ".......well, the Society said it"

This will blow over. Why? Because none of them ever stop to consider TRUTH......

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Booby..

There are 2 groups..The 1914 Generation and anyone born during their life time..

If you are born during the life of someone who was born in 1914..Your lives over lap..

Children not yet born,will fall into that category..

1914 now has a very,very long shelf life..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• moshe
    moshe
    and he is part of the 'faithful and discreet slave' that is supposed to be feeding people like me.

The F&DS as I understand the WT terminology are the anointed who feed the JW sheep and provide their "meat in due season". I doubt that any anointed at any KH would be able to claim they did that. So they are just the regular anointed, not part of the F&DS. So far, nobody has been able to provide any 1st person quote to me from any GB member claiming to be one of the F&DS. Which is like the WT claiming that UFO's exist, but they can't provide any tangible proof. They say the F&DS directs the WT org, but can't find anyone who will admit to being one. The F&Ds is all in a JW's head.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Oh!

I get it now!

Remember when they said they were being directed from the Brothers in heaven? This means that even if the living FDS die off one by one , they can still say that they are getting guidance from the ones in heaven. But the problem would be rhen is how can they get stuff wrong if it is right from Jesus?

O, sorry. I forgot --they don't deal with him.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

They quoted from a 1909 and a 1914 watchtower today at the 2 day CA. Seems like they are trying to tie into the past for a chain of legitimacy pretty hard.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They quoted from a 1909 and a 1914 watchtower today at the 2 day CA. Seems like they are trying to tie into the past for a chain of legitimacy pretty hard.

It seems like that to me. Their "nulite" is trying to make old light look like it was leading to this. While they would never outright say they were wrong, they want the members to think they were wrong, but not so wrong in the past: "We thought the 1914 generation was involved in the generation, and it is involved. We thought the anointed were involved in the generation, and they are. We thought a group of people living contemporary to each other were involved, and they are. We were getting led to our current understanding and we are so close now. We just know it now."

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.

• steve2
    steve2

Why should the Governing Body of the JWs come down hard on a new understanding of an old doctrine when most of the rank and file don't even question it in theifrst place? You are crediting the rank and file with way too much brain activity!

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

According to the excellent chart on page 81 of the WATCHTOWER publication "The Way To Paradise" (written by Watchtower Secretary/Treasurer W. E. van Amburgh), Methuselah's life "overlapped" with that of his great-grandson Shem. Their two lifetimes, according to the scriptures, covered 1,469 years.

Thus we have a firm foundation for expecting that "the generation" that saw the events of 1914 might well run until the year 3383 C. E.

(Of course people today don't live for hundreds and hundred of years, but that's irrelevant, we're trying to save our phony-baloney jobs, fre chrissakes!)

Note that already the WTB&TS has begun emphasizing Jesus' words that "just as the days of Noah were..."

Well, this generation of Noah's time spanned 1,469 years. Good news, pioneers! You've still go a L-O-N-G row to hoe!

Rejoice, for the end is not yet! (if ever)

... and ThinkAboutIt is correct: there will be NO dissent!

Everyone will joyously embrace the new light at the assembly, then go home and kill themselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit