Will The Governing Body Enforce the New Generation Understanding and Muzzle Open Criticism Among the Rank and File?

by frankiespeakin 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• dgp
    dgp

I'm not even a witness, yet I know the answer has to be yes.

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

DaringHart13 said:

"Most have NEVER understood the 'doctrine' to begin with."

When I was attending meetings in the 1980's and 1990's, ALL of the JW's were talking about how they knew we were extremely close to the end because the people who were alive in 1914 were getting extremely old and dying off fast.

My JW relatives talked about this everyday in the 80's and 90's (until 1995).

So, I think there were definitely many, many, many JW's who understood the original teaching of the generation very well.

• booby
    booby

Not that it matters much but Outlaw you gotta read that page of the talk labelled 48 slated for the assembly

• cattails
    cattails

They'll squelch discontent with backroom sessions, removal of privileges,

marking talks, and eventual DF'ing of anyone who persists in calling this

new crazy generation gap overlap idea what it truly is, a bunch of crap.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I don't have anything to really add to this thread, but wanted to share this with ya. The C.O. visit was just wrapped up with my congregation, and not once, and I mean not once, was this doctrine touched upon in the slightest way. I was anticipating him touching on it, but it never happened.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

MIL-The best soldiers at WW2_2000 by MATEUS_27:24&25.

Standing Shoulder to Shoulder

• MrMonroe
    MrMonroe

They clearly speak of two groups overlapping, not numerous overlaps and this is why they are both saving (in their minds) 1914 while still being able to say as they are that this new light still allows for armageddon being immenent. If you think I am blathering reread the letter, no. 48

What is "the letter, no 48"?

• booby
    booby

mrmunroe, a page of one of the discourses from this years assemblies was posted, that is an effort to explain their overlapping generation. today an mp3 file from the weekend assembly was posted that exactly mimics that page from the talk was posted by kurtbethel http://www.sendspace.com/file/dodp4w check them out

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Hey booby!..

Thanks for the info..

I was unable to download it,but I did get this from the thread..

The strange thing is the way the speaker, around 3min 40, declares that the "generation" Jesus spoke of in Matthew 24 "comprises two groups of anointed Christians". He repeats the phrase for emphasis. The two groups are (a) those who were alive in 1914 and (b) a later group of anointed who for a time were contemporaries of the older group, in the same way, I guess, that my father and I were alive at the same time. This, of course, is a complete invention and achieves this by taking a further step away from the already dishonest use of the word. Where in Matthew 24 is there any suggestion of two groups? Jesus speaks of "the generation", not "two groups of anointed". And yet the speaker says some in the "second group" would be alive to see the Great Tribulation and claims the Bible says this.

Here he supports his claim with an illustration of Fred Franz. He suggests that because Franz's generation overlapped the lives of other anointed, they are all in the same generation. Does this make sense to you? Franz died in 1992. If my daughter was born in 1991, and therefore 19 today, would she be the same generation as Fred Franz? This is just wrong. It's a fiction, an invention, just dishonest.

So..If a baby that is not born yet..Is born during the Lifetime,of the Generation of 1914..

And..

Is of the Annointed..His/her life,overlaps the Generation of 1914..

The Generation Change..

Could easily give 1914 a life span,of over another 100 years..

.............................. ...OUTLAW

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

This generation thing is a big stretch for time, the Governing Body was faced with few choices as alternatives like admitting this whole Armageddon thing is just a pipe dream based on faulty interpretations, or just slowly pull away from the generation idea and never mention it any more in talks or publications and come up with some better idea that will keep the money coming in that don't involve limited shelf lives like,, end of the world predictions do,, as they reach and go beyond expectation date limitations.

It seems as if the Governing Body is determined to ride the end of the world prediction route to the bitter end. Those old minds can't come up with anything but the same old same old and continue to use disfellowshipping as a scare tactic to silence would be critics among their flocks. It looks to me that they are a corporation that can only goes so far with the currant CEOs in place.

I think we shall never see any truly great ideas from these men as they are stuck on thought loops that make them predictable and truly unimaginative.

I do see that a crack down will only make matters worse for the GB and their reputation among the bethelites where they live, that even people like Ciro Allasino, will be seeing them in a completely new light. In fact I would think that with all those lawyers at bethel and any one with half a brain must be scratching their head right now and be saying WTF??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit