Interesting phenomenon I'm seeing on Facebook

by JimmyPage 16 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

It's becoming more and more evident that many young JWs just don't care about the WT rules anymore. One JW on Facebook has particularly intrigued me lately. He posts pics of himself sporting (gasp) a beard and uses curse words in his status updates. Then, to top it all off, he is "now friends with" a known disfellowshipped person. And yet, as far as I've seen, all other of his JW Facebook friends haven't cut him off their friend list. Truly does my heart proud!

• Humanist
    Humanist

Yes, I've noticed the same! I've had JWs add me as friend on there too, even though I've been 'apostate' for years. Not just young ones either!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Please, you apostates, a large army, use your facebook connection to those dubs to influence them for lasting good.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Oppression breeds rebellion.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I've notices on Facebook that JW friends will 'friend' their non-JW family and disfellowshipped friends. It's a way to stay in touch with peoples lives without directly talking to them. Not many Uber dubs are on facebook tho', in my circle there are no elders and only a few mini-servs, although there are loads of pioneer sisters. Uber dubs use twitter - it's not been specifically condemned in our circuit yet.

• Megachusen
    Megachusen

The internet opens up all kinds of windows to the true nature of the Human condition, doesn't it?

That's probably why the Dubs hate it so much. It lets them lower their guard and show off the parts of themeselves that they like to suppress.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Beards in the UK are not considered an "no no", a friend of mine, is sporting a newly grown and is happily serving as an elder. Another MS has a goatee (but it isn't as good as mine!).

• man in black
    man in black

I've seen many active witnesses that use FB without any concern.

Well, they have their profile set on private at least.

Down in Southern Illinois , many witnesses that I knew are on FB,,,, and they all mostly live in a really small town !

Although I will say the BS and fake "love" that they project to everyone is quite sickening at times

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

Something else is happening too...many JWs are reopening their accounts on FB. Following an assembly/convention part several months ago, a number of them deleted their account. Over the past couple of weeks I've gotten numerous friend requests from these folks...which I ignore.

I did snoop around a few pages and yes, they do friend df'd people. Whats interesting, in addition to comments likes "Out saving lives from Satan's dying system" are "Hit the club", "Sorry I missed your Bday party", "Who wants a friend in (name a city) ;) " and responses to threads of DF'd JWs.

Its like there is an unspoken pact among the R&F that you are allowed to do whatever you want on FB.

• Bluegill
    Bluegill

I'm guessing Facebook wasn't even mentioned at the Assemblies in my old congregations part of the country. I've been to 4 Elders, 4 Ministerial Servants, and 3 Regular Pioneers pages let alone the many regular publishers that have Facebook pages.

Bluegill

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit