Interesting phenomenon I'm seeing on Facebook

by JimmyPage 16 Replies latest jw friends

• mindmelda
    mindmelda

Not too suprising. Witnesses have the worst retention rate of any religion, including Amish. LOL

They only keep about 23% of their children raised in it around.

This kid is on his way out, although they're tolerating him for now because he's a teenager and they still think they can Witnessize him.

I think it's ironic that my kids are far less rebellious than some kids they grew up around that are Witnesses. I didn't give my kids all that rigid crap to rebel against and they're cooperative with me when they need to be because they WANT to be.

My two oldest kids, 17 and 20, just want to get a good education and could care less about dating at this point, although it's not forbidden and never has been, although they have a good many friendships of both sexes.

I took my 14 year old daughter to the MD the other day for an annual checkup and we talked about birth control if needed and my youngest declined, but said if she needed it, she'd ask, we'd talk and we'd get it for her, but she just said she's not interested in having sex yet because "Ew, I'm too young, can't I just finish being a kid, Mom?"

• little witch
    little witch

I am of the opinion that it will be the sons and daughters of witnesses that will be the voice of reason about the tower in the coming years. I think so because kids are growing up on the net and afforded more information and interaction than past generations. When I was coming up, kids were seen not heard and had virtually no voice in families. Nowadays, children are held in higher esteem by their parents, respected more, and at least to some extent, given more credibility for knowledge.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

My ex-roommate from Bethel Temp work is on Facebook. He also graduated from Gilead last year also.

-mentallyfree31-

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Its all just a front, I've been kicking around the idea of starting a bethelite FB page to see how many ex or current bethelites would sign-up.

• watson
    watson

Great idea Darth. Just don't go raging apostate on them. Compare stories, "where are they now" experiences. Keep it civil. You might actually get some Bethelite/Ex Bethelite FB friends. Keep the raging Apostates off.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Several elders from my old Hall joined FB to spy on the flock. I've remained "friends" with many rank and file (who ignore me both on FB and in real life but refuse to UNfriend me) but refuse to "friend" a single elder.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

I think this is great news! I don't know if my daughter (who is still a JW - as far as I know) has a Facebook account... I know she has a MySpace one.

The younger generation does not 'demonize' things like the internet like the GB folks do. Instead, they see it as, and use it as a tool - much like the older ones would see a hammer as a tool - to get work done.

I have a Facebook account, and get requests from folks that are anti-JW. While I am not 'for' the JWs, I do not use my Facebook account to blast the JWs - or things like that - and so will 'Ignore' such requests. I _do_ have ex-JWs as friends on Facebook... they have moved on, and usually do not spout off anti-JW ramblings - or not as much, as others. (I hope that makes sense.)

Hey Dee (aka 'Little Witch')!!!!!!! Good to see you again! How ya been?

Regards,

Jim TX

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit