I'm so miserable since leaving the JWs

by keyser soze 39 Replies latest jw friends

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I can barely stand it. Does anyone else feel this way?

For instance, I have a four-day weekend from work, which means I had today off(with pay, thank you very much). But instead of attending what would have been the first day of my district convention, and partaking of the bounteous spiritual feast there, I went and played 18 holes of golf. It was a beautiful day, in the mid-70's. I now have the rest of the weekend, which promises equally pleasant weather, free to spend how I wish. I'm attending a concert in the park on Sunday. I don't know what I have planned for tomorrow, but no doubt it will be frittered away in some other non-theocratic endeavor.

Meanwhile, the rest of my family, and former JW brethren, are sitting on hard chairs, in suits and dresses, for hours at a time, being upbuilt spiritually. I'm so jealous. Please Jehovah, expedite Armageddon's arrival so I can be put out of my misery.

• tec
    tec

Ah...

I didn't think the title went well with the name :)

Tammy

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

I only clicked on this thread because I thought you were seriously miserable.

Hilarious. Sounds like life is good.

-mentallyfree31-

• crapola
    crapola

LOL!! You are so funny.

• yknot
    yknot

TO compound this I am sure you also were gutted with guilt as you watched nightly programing during your merged meeting night!

Felt empty and lost as you slept in on Saturdays instead of getting up early, dressing in a suit and knocking on doors!

My oh my whatever shall you do!

Yes dear it is awful, awful, awful

May the WTS God bring down his justice upon you swiftly!

((((((: well that or just go ahead and grab another beer from the fridge and smile :)))))))

Life was good today

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

thought I had to tell you "give it time" and you will start to enjoy LIFE but looks like you are doing it!!! must say sometimes - a lot - that thought goes through my head when I am happy!!! I think i was told I would never be happy if i wasn't part of this spiritual paradise!!! BS!!!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

I went and played 18 holes of golf

What did you shoot?

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

I'm just as miserable!! Letting the kids sleep in on the weekend and then cooking a late brunch after laying in bed until 10am is really driving me crazy!!

Oh how I miss fighting the kids to wake up on their day off to put on uncomfortable clothes and walk the neighborhood with the latest mags...

I just take this freedom any longer!!!! Help me please.

• ziddina
    ziddina

When I first saw the thread title... WtF???

Oh. Humor!!! Ar, ar ar ar ar ar!!!

Me too...

Zid

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    What did you shoot?

Let's just say I'm not the world's greatest golfer and leaving it at that. It was over 100. I couldn't hit a chip shot or putt to save my life.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit