Ode to the 192 Page Book

by millions now living are dead 27 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

Great poem! Loved it!

• carla
    carla

Loved the poem!

Are all the books really 192 pgs? I had to go look! Indeed many of them are! When did they arrive at this godly way of doing things? The old books (the James book too) are longer and the new (?) Young People Ask book is much longer!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

GREAT !!!

Rub a Dub

• sd-7
    sd-7

Classic. I remember when the offer of the month was "any 192-page book published after 19XX". I think I was usually like, why? What happened before 19XX? Oh, must've changed something significant. I never, ever offered anything but the magazines and maybe the half-hearted Bible study book, whichever one it was.

But it is kind of weird to make several books that all somehow end after 192 pages. I think I really just miss the books with hardcovers. Who am I kidding? No I don't!

• belbab
    belbab

I belive the number 192 has something to do with the number of signatures in the book. 192 divided by six is thirty two. Each sugnature ( as section of pages that is pasted to the cover backing) is thirty-two pages. So the number of pages is always a mutltiple of 32 to make things come out even. There are no partial signatures. For example the Isaiah book volume 1 has 416 pages, that means 13 signatures in it.

So no mystical magic number, just a calculation of $$$$$$.

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

I just notice, Millions Now Living are Now Dead that your avatar seems to be a picture of Khristamurti in his youth. I am an avid reader of his books which do not contain his writings rather his live discourses he gave over the years. How about Millions now Dead are now living. Can you figure that one out?

belbab

• cult classic
    cult classic

Oh that brought back memories......

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

This is awesome.

-mentallyfree31-

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

One of the best things I've read here!

• yknot