I am thinking about converting the laundry room to something else.

by asilentone 33 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

Journey-on, The hot tub area would be too big for the laundry room.

• asilentone
    asilentone

maybe I will have wine cellar there?

• journey-on
    journey-on

Okay. I guess I'm envisioning a larger room. If it's next to the kitchen, then the wet bar sounds interesting. I LOVE renovations! Good luck.

Edited to add: Yes! A wine "cellar"....good idea.

• not a captive
    not a captive

Try not to use those hot button phrases:"I'm thinking about converting......

• asilentone
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I second the wet bar idea, cheers!

• StAnn
    StAnn

Well, what are your needs? Personally, I would turn it into a pantry and place to store all those pots and trays that are too big for conventional kitchen cupboards. Not to mention my canned goods, obviously. But those are MY needs. Right now I go down to the basement EVERY DAY to get food from my pantry to cook with because my kitchen is small. I'd kill for a large pantry with a door to the outside that I could just drive up to and unload my groceries. Wow!

StAnn

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have nice sized pantry in the Kitchen. I feel sorry for you!

• StAnn
    StAnn

I feel sorry for me too! LOL! I have to reno two bathrooms first and then it will be the kitchen. But with a $30K reno price tag, it's gonna be at least another five years of trudging up and down the basement stairs before I can redo the kitchen.

I'll live. Maybe I'll lose some weight and firm up my butt from all the exercise.

***Hey! That's it! Turn your laundry room into an exercise room!****

StAnn

• Gregor
    Gregor

A laundry room is equipped with either high voltage (200+ amps) electricty or a gas connection (min. 1/2", can support 30,000 btu's) for the dryer. Hot and cold water and a drain. If it shares a common wall with a kitchen it could be a way to enlarge the kit. without much trouble.

Need more info. on your layout and square footage to offer much but the basic utility connections make for various possibilties.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit