A Kind Word For Brits

by metatron 25 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    Scotland gave the world beer cans with semi clad ladies on one side of the can.

I just had a million dollar idea...

A beer can that has the scantily clad ladies but as the level of beer goes down, the clothes come down with it...

• jambon1
    jambon1

I just had a million dollar idea...

A beer can that has the scantily clad ladies but as the level of beer goes down, the clothes come down with it...

Well, sine the Scots invented eveything else, they could probobly manage that.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Psychotic Parrot you're giving us Brits a bad name matey...

Loz x

• snowbird
    snowbird

My posts were tongue-in-cheek, just in case ...

Syl

• wobble
    wobble

I was born and bred in the "Garden of England", the county of Kent. The garden is a bit scruffy these days, and much more cosmopolitan than it was when I was born 60 years ago. A good thing, I like diversity.

I do not like to be referred to as a"Brit". I am English by an accident of birth, I am not proud of the English overmuch, but British is too close to Brutish in my mind.

When our friends in Northern Ireland shouted "Brits Out !" I felt a sympathy for their point of view.

The British Empire was simply for the purpose of enriching the Ruling Class of this Sceptic Isle, I am ashamed of what was done, slavery and worse.

We do have some wonderful talent that often we export to accross the pond, because that is where it gets paid a fare wage, not in parsimonious Britain.

We too have an uneducated underclass who no know nothing and are only too ready to join extremist campaigns founded on that ignorance, rent-a-mob they are.

The next few decades will produce yet again a very different Britain, I hope a better one.

Thanks for the kind words.

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Good points there Wobble...I'm actually Welsh born and bred...no, I cant sing and its true they can be a mean and rude bunch....I agree about the Empire ...disgraceful...and all for the ruling classes to gain more wealth...

I think the best part of the UK is the North of England and its definitely bred some wonderful talents and still does....the people are warm and caring and real....

I always wished I'd been born in the US though...envy their lifestyle....and people are so much more 'open'....

Loz x

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit