Sick little boy!

by crapola 44 Replies latest jw friends

• crapola
    crapola

My little grandson is still sick. They can't do the procedure to remove the blockage because he now has a bladder infection! And the bad #'s are rising again. So he will be in the hospital probably another week. Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers.

• Dagney
    Dagney

(((((((((((wee one, soonerNC7 and family, crapola)))))))))))))))))))

• crapola
  • nelly136
    nelly136

whats happening crapola?

• sooner7nc
  • sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Yesterday, my son had a procedure to correct what's called a "Tethered Spinal Cord". Basically a small incision is made in the back around the area of the Lumbar Vertebra. Then a small window is cut into the bone and the surgeon removes a small piece of connective tissue that's preventing the spinal cord from moving freely back and forth. The tissue causes pressure on the nerves and this pressure causes urinary and fecal incontinence as wells as leg pain. The prolonged urinary incontinence caused the kidney damage that had him in here a few months ago. Hopefully we'll get to go home tomorrow morning.

I love Cook Children's Hospital but we're both ready to leave.

Mike

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

That's good news, Sooner. I hope you and your son will be home soon, and that the surgery makes things better for your boy.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

Hope everything turns out ok.

xx

• nelly136
    nelly136

best wishes for you and yours, hope everythings gone well and you can all go home

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Poor little boy, he's been through so much!

I hope all goes well and he's back to being a healthy, happy little boy soon!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit