Sick little boy!

by crapola 44 Replies latest jw friends

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Ouch!

I've seen this before, I'm sure it will be fine...just icky in the meantime... (warm fuzzy feelings for getting well soon!)

• crapola
    crapola

Thanks guys for the thoughts and prayers.I just talked to Sooner and the little one has some loss of kidney function. This is very un-nerving to hear. But the blood pressure is under control. There will be more tests done over the next few days so he will be in the hospital at least through next Monday. Hopefully this issue can be fixed and he can come visit me over the summer school break.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Oh my! So sorry to hear. He's in good hands, and he'll have plenty of time to heal. I've heard of this also with my great nephew...strange it is.

Healing thoughts going his way, and sending peace and comfort to you and your family.

• crapola
    crapola

Thanks Dagney! I always feel better coming here.

• flipper
    flipper

CRAPOLA- My wife and I send our love and please send Sooner and his wife our thoughts and deepest positive thoughts. Our heart goes out to your grandson indeed. I'm so sorry your grandson is going through this. Please be assured of our love. Peace out, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

• crapola
    crapola

Thanks Mr.Flipper to you and your wife. I'll make sure my son knows you sent your love and good thoughts his way. I really appreciate the love from all of you.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

That is something you would expect from a 70 year old male, not a boy. I hope they figure it out and fix it soon. Hopefully the kidney damage isn't permanent.

Good thoughts going out to them...

Snoozy

• crapola
    crapola

Well, we got some good news today. The kidneys are beginning to function a little better and if the numbers keep falling,"which is a good thing", then they can do the procedure to remove the blockage and he can go home. But probably that won't happen until sometime next week. What a way to not finish the last week of school!

• Quandry
    Quandry

Yes, a sad way to miss the last week of school, but better now than in the middle, missing important tests, etc.(I guess you can tell I work in a school)

He'll have this summer to rest and get back to A-1 condition.

In the meantime, get him lots of interesting books with lots of cool pictures.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Hey everybody!

I'm getting a short respite from hospital life right now so I thought I would bring you guys up to date. The boy has between 20 and 30 % of his kidney function at the present. The blood pressure has stabilized and he's not really in any pain except for the damn catheter which is really giving him fits. This has been one terrible experience. That's the only way I can describe it.

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers. They've been greatly needed and appreciated.

sooner

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit