Info For Newbies and Current Jehovah's Witnesses! Please Read!

by mentallyfree31 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• AnonJW
    AnonJW

This is a great post, especially for us new members.

"The truth" - So, did you find it? What do you perceive it to be?

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Bttt.

I just stumbled upon this thread and I think you made a great summary of points to be considered for any JW at present. Hopefully many will be willing to research things with an open mind.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Mentally Free said:

If Jehovah is gonna read hearts, then we can throw out the "have to be a witness" teaching. Think about it.

Exactly! BUT much more importantly, it is not necessary to go PREACHING DOOR TO DOOR, EITHER!!!! If Jehovah is going to read hearts, the preaching work is absolutely pointless.

Great list, Mentally Free... bookmarked.

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

BabaYaga - The preaching work is actually the LEAST effective way of making recruits. Other religions dwarf JW, and they have never done a day of door to door preaching. As for my experience, most of the time I was knocking on empty houses.

:-)

-MF31-

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Wow! I missed this thread while lurking. So I'm glad to see it brought back. Excellent points to ponder over.

Mentallyfree31, I especially like what you brought up that Judge Judy says. "If it doesn't make sense, it's probably not true."

I've used that expression several times regarding the "truth". Oh how true. Thanks!

Here's my bump. BUMP - to a great thread!

CoC

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Crisis of Conscience - Glad you enjoyed it.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Defo a thread worth bumping this one. Very good reasoning.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

"We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated ... If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such examination." The Truth That Leads to Eternal Life, 1968, p. 13.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Something I just scanned from "Captives of a Concept".

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

BRILLIANT THREAD MF31 !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit