Info For Newbies and Current Jehovah's Witnesses! Please Read!

by mentallyfree31 47 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

LongHairGal - those two points actually came from my brother. They really made me think too.

It's great to be able to think outside the box and use logical reasoning.

Thanks to everybody for your comments. Glad you enjoyed it.

-mentallyfree31-

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

Flipper - Thanks a lot. The funny part is that Ray Franz had already wrote his book a year or so before my family came in around 1985. This has forever impressed upon me the power of careful research. My BS meter stays on very high alert now.

-mentallyfree31-

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

I just wanted to add that Russell taught that heavenly ressurrection began in 1878 thus he was ressurected unon his death in 1916 and again in 1918 when Rutherford changed the ressurection date teaching. So we can say that Russell was resurrected twice, once in 1916 and again in 1918

• mentallyfree31
    mentallyfree31

diamondiiz - If I have read this before, I honestly don't remember it. Interesting. I'm glad to know this. The rabbit hole keeps getting deeper and deeper!

-mentallyfree31-

• fsm
    fsm

Your point on secular history needed to establish the dates the JW use for 607 is such a good point, I had this discussion with my father a long time ago and never thought about that line of reason, in order to establish 607 they needed to accept a secular pre date to arrive at 607, but the issue is why reject secular dates later on in regards to 607...that is such a good point. I always struggled with this argument with him, as he is pretty well versed in history oft hat time

many thanks

• designs
    designs

You are now Free to rove about the planet

• undercover
    undercover

Good post...good thread...

Keeping it BTTT

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

fsm -- Welcome to the forum!

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

And the choir says 'Amen'.

#4 was probably one the first things I noticed even as a kid. The Baptists, Catholics and everyone else was just as sure of their God as we were of our Jehovah. I remember thinking that God should just tell everyone who he was and what he wanted and stop the guessing game. Think I was around 10 at the time.

What's interesting is, if JWs listened to themselves in regular everyday conversation they would realize that something is up with the religion. The other day my sister told me that her son has expressed interest in studying at a university but they never prepared for it. She followed it up with "I hope he prepares for his kids". Yet, five seconds later she's professing that the world is about to end.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Spot on when it comes to all of these points.

I remember arguing with myself in my mind, at the point when I wasn't ready to exit the JW's. It was mental torture trying to go round & round in circles and knowing that there is no logical answer to these points. It became impossible to live the lifestyle of a JW when I knew in my heart that it was all wrong.

PS - the point about the Chinese children was something that went round & round in my mind. No matter how individuals tried to soften the matter or make it sound reasonable, the fact remained that I was worshiping a god that was going to literally slaughter billions of decent people. Men, women & children. It's hideous.

J

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit